This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20160906 US Realm SC Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to US_Realm_Steering_Committee
back to US_Realm_Steering_Committee_Conference_Calls

US Realm Steering Committee Call Agenda/Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 156896#

Date: 2016-mm-dd
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Co-Chairs Ed/Brett Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee / Name
Regrets Calvin Beebe Keith Boone x Hans Buitendijk
x Lorraine Constable x Johnathan Coleman x Ed Hammond
x Tony Julian Paul Knapp Austin Kreisler
x Brett Marquard Ken McCaslin Nancy Orvis
Brian Pech x Wayne Kubick Mark Roche
Sandra Stuart . Pat Van Dyke x Anne Wizauer
x Danielle Friend x Eric Haas x Jenni Syed
x Steve Posnak x David Susanto . Craig Parker
Visitor / Name
no quorum definition




  • Update from FHIR Extension Subgroup (Brett)


  • Called to order at 1:04 pm Eastern
  • Brett presents report from FHIR Extension subgroup.
    • Ed asks how they will identify extensions not in ballot. Brett states they asked groups present to identify and one was found in regulation that wasn't in ballot. Ed states we should come up with a more formal way to discover those. Hans: Is the intent to look beyond what is included in certification? Eric: Bullet 3 identifies this issue; we need to put a process in place.
    • Brett: our intent was to meet a few times and come back to this group with a report. Reviews extensions in current build registry.
    • Described questions the group asked about each/the evaluation process.
    • Discussion over whether or not us-core-direct should be removed.
    • Discussed complexity of race/ethnicity extensions. Proposal is to make race a complex extension and update ethnicity in a similar fashion. Ed mentions tailoring to how the data is going to be used - is it simply for counting purposes or something different?
    • Extension process today - where should the discussion happen? TSC? Wayne: Probably it is a FHIR Governance Board (FGB) issue first. Will be discussing with affiliates; there are differences in the process for affiliates vs. things brought through HL7 International. Also FHIR Foundation will be reviewing, and possibly Standards Governance Board (SGB). By the WGM we will have a better idea of where to address.
    • Extension process discussion slide: Ed suggests adding Affiliate to types. Discussion over review steps.
    • Proposed process slide: shows flow chart of steps from development to publication in repository. Ed suggests making this slide available to HL7 membership for comment. Johnathan suggests presenting at cochair dinner and that there should be a pre-process. Wayne notes that we're looking at a similar process online for PSS development/approval - this could work within that process as well; just beginning to explore it as an option.
    • ACTION: Anne to send out to US Realm and TSC lists for review. Will be discussed next week so those with input should join US Realm call.

Meeting Outcomes

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved