20160309 PLA call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program

HL7 PLA Call Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270, Participant Code: 985371,
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/177894709

Date: 2016-03-09
Time: 2PM
Facilitator Mary Kay/ Austin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
Woody Beeler
Lorraine Constable
Bo Dagnall
Jean Duteau,
Rick Haddorff
x Tony Julian
Paul Knapp
Regrets Austin Kreisler,
Lynn Laakso
x Mary Kay McDaniel
Brian Pech
John Roberts
Andy Stechishin
x Wayne Kubick


no quorum definition

Agenda

Agenda review

  • Notes of 20160224_PLA_call review
  • Action items
    • Determine which V2 publishing call that PLA can attend to discuss what additions/tweaks will need to be made to the Publishing M&C
    • Mary Kay to investigate if the SOA project to create a planning guide is a new product family type
    • Mary Kay to send powerpoint for V2 methodology to Tony to take to InM
  • Discussion topics
    • Finish building out what CDA will look like
  • notional division of products into product families and lines, to provide examples for peer review.
    • Level of granularity
    • Identify which pieces are orphaned, and the political elements to be surfaced.
    • Positioning cross-product family artifacts (standards naming)
  • BAM-lite feedback and review
    • Governance on V2.x (v2.9 substantive changes)
    • develop form to request establishing a Product Family

Minutes

  • Mary Kay asks Calvin to look at CDA presentation that we started to build it out further. Group goes through and Mary Kay makes edits. Link to edited document:
  • Question about FHIR: will they template? Calvin: they use profiles using the same kind of tools as templating. Logically it is doing the same sort of things, although adds extensions more than we do. *Mary Kay: there's a dichotomy in attempting to achieve interoperability when we have so many ways of doing the same thing; but there's no way that says this is the absolute standard way it should be done. Calvin: you have to have something like the ONC stating what it has to be. It would be a realm-based governance issue. Discussion over complexities in the industry perpetuating complications in IGs. CDA has become the RIM for IGs. In the future, what should the CDA vision be?
  • Will continue with updates to presentation next time
  • Adjourned at 3:00 pm

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved