20160224 PLA call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program

HL7 PLA Call Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270, Participant Code: 985371,
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/177894709

Date: 2016-mm-dd
Time: 2PM
Facilitator Mary Kay/ Austin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


Calvin Beebe
Woody Beeler
Lorraine Constable
Bo Dagnall
Jean Duteau,
Rick Haddorff
x Tony Julian
Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler,
Lynn Laakso
x Mary Kay McDaniel
x Brian Pech
x John Roberts
x Andy Stechishin
no quorum definition

Agenda

Agenda review

  • Notes of PLA WGM review
  • Discussion Topics
    • Review InM invite and discuss date
    • Planning Guide as new product (SOA)
      • It is possible at some point, we will need to look at the product family process to propose additional product family. I suspect this falls into the category of support products, but it is worth exploring. I think this is a category we have not done well within the past
  • notional division of products into product families and lines, to provide examples for peer review.
  • Other issues?
    • Level of granularity
    • Identify which pieces are orphaned, and the political elements to be surfaced.
    • Positioning cross-product family artifacts (standards naming)
  • BAM-lite feedback and review
    • Governance on V2.x (v2.9 substantive changes)
    • develop form to request establishing a Product Family

Minutes

  • Mary Kay would like to go over V2 publishing management topic today. Group reviews email from Brian Pech regarding changes to publishing's mission and charter to make V2 publishing the management group for the V2 product family. Brian suggests we meet with publishing. Discussion over management group for V3. Tony states there is supposed to be a separate management group and methodology group for each family. Mary Kay: V2 takes on the role of management. PLA will come to a V2 publishing call to discuss what additions/tweaks will need to be made to the Publishing M&C. Next V2 call is 3/1 but that is during HIMSS. Earliest would be 3/15 at 3:00 pm Eastern.
  • Ken Rubin sent out an email in SOA; they are creating a planning guide. Is a different work product than anything we've seen before. It's taking best practices across the industry. How does it fit into anything that we've done before? Concerns about creating such a document. It's not HL7 specific information; it's taking industry best practices for HL7 and others on cloud planning. No such thing in the PSS, so they're using PSS-lite to do discovery and then they'll go back and expand the PSS to support intended outcomes. Does this need to be a new product family type? Mary Kay will investigate.
  • Review ppt presentation to InM for V2 methodology. Do we want to wait on this until we've handled the discussion with Publishing? Austin: it would likely be a one sentence change in their M&C. Tony can take proposal to the WG and then the change can be made. Vocab and Conformance will work with InM. Mary Kay will send the ppt to Tony to send out. After this is complete, we move on to CDA.
  • Next week: finish building out what CDA will look like. Would be beneficial to have the conversation when Calvin is back and after some consultation with some of the involved WGs.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved