2016-08-10 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2016-08-10
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Lynn
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
Mary Kay McDaniel
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
quorum: Chair plus 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Minutes review of 2016-08-03_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul will update the risk spreadsheet and move the HTA risks identified into it.
    • Paul will reach out to the Publication WG, Tooling WG, TSC Chair, Wayne to see if we can continue the discussion in person on the issue
    • Calvin will create a sample SBAR (see SGB Reference documents for 2016/08/10 call) for the committee to review as a way to communicate specific risks
  • Discussion Topics
    • HTA meeting last week

Minutes

  • Minutes review of 2016-08-03_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul will update the risk spreadsheet and move the HTA risks identified into it.
      • See SGB Reference documents for 2016/08/10 call for HTA Risks 20160713wk V0.2.docx
      • Paul describes some risks added by Vocabulary folks on the HTA call. Only got through development and maintenance section and ran out of time.
      • Austin asks if these are methodology based and not governance. Paul agrees we need to review for perspective.
      • Comments reviewed. Austin identified a need to have the HTA prioritize the risks identified. Hopefully they will have full risk analysis with impact and likelihood, and suggestions for mitigation
      • Do we develop guiding principles for SGB
        1. thou shalt manage critical risk
        2. Projects within HL7 consume resources and bandwidth across the organization, therefore each project should not only have author interest but demonstrable value to the community. (Historically we have used the ability to create a viable team as the filter. For STUs we require 2 named implementers. Could we manage this through an examination of failed projects?) Shelfware, lack of project completion, burden on the organization.
  • Adjourned 11:00 AM


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved