2016-08-03 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2016-08-03
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Calvin
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
Mary Kay McDaniel
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
x Brian Pech
no quorum definition

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Minutes review of 2016-07-27_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Discussion Topics
    • Formalize a recording, scoring, and prioritization strategy for risks
    • Review and adopt the risk prioritization methodology and begin to apply to HTA materials
    • HL7 Publishing Risks, Management and Mitigation

Minutes

  • Publication Risks
    • Paul: An issues was identified from KP about a year ago. The concern was that as an organization each of our families have different publication process. It was noted that a number of them have single points of failures. The things we tend to do, we tend to look at the publication process as something that we do on the back of volunteers. We also allow volunteers to create process and choice of tools to use. We end up with a large set of tools developed using different languages, the risks are real.
    • Wayne: The project to get an inventory of the tools - the inventory is close to completion.
    • There needs to be some pro-active step to avoid the issue of creating custom tooling.We don’t have the statement that say's you can't. The work needs to be done in a manner that protects the volunteer and the organization. This may require that more work by HQ to do this.
    • Brian: here is a real issue with 2.x publication as Frank is not available, and there is a need to support the publication process. They are currently unable to publish the 2.x because they are missing a single volunteer.
    • Microsoft Access- is currently one of the platforms used today.
    • Brian: For the publication families where we have a resource issues, we need to have knowledgeable people look at the on-going maintenance from an organizational point of view. How could we move the process into a supported process.
  • Completing Risk Assessment
    • The risk spreadsheet will be reviewed at the next meeting, as time ran out.
  • Action Items
  1. Paul will update the risk spreadsheet and move the HTA risks identified into it.
  2. Paul will reach out to the Publication WG, Tooling WG, TSC Chair, Wayne to see if we can continue the discussion in person on the issue
  3. Calvin will create a sample SBAR for the committee to review as a way to communicate specific risks


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved