This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

2015 12 02 Minutes - CQF Data Model Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to the CQI Work Group Wiki
Back to the CQI WG Health Quality Information Models Wiki

CQF Data Model Call Notes


  • Ashley McCrae
  • Bill Kleinebecker
  • Bryn Rhodes
  • Chris Markle
  • Claude Nanjo
  • Diedre Sacra
  • Floyd Eisenberg
  • Jason Matthews
  • Ken Kawamoto
  • Mark Kramer
  • Tom Oniki
  • Yan Heras


  1. Update to FHIR Quality (QI Core) with Logical View - Bryn submitted the Project Scope Statement to Dave Hamill and the FHIR Management Group to move forward with the planned update. There is no further information available at this time.
  2. Data Model
    1. The goal of the near term project is to develop a tool by January to allow clinicians to build archetypes in an intuitive and friendly manner – for common ADL patterns without having to know ADL.
      1. Generate a parser for a simple profile to see how ADL and FHIR profiles align
      2. Graham Grieve is doing something similar – working with Keith working on QVT (Query, View, Transfer – an OMG model). Use an artifact separate from the model. The crux of the matter is how to express QVT – perhaps OCL. The mapping expression language may be the implementation of the QVT.
      3. Use the prototype to express and simple clinical aspect, systolic blood pressure
    2. Converting an archetype to a FHIR profile
    3. Bryn is working on an xsd. converter as well.
    4. The group also discussed:
      1. Work in progress in the Veterans Administration using LEGOs
      2. Management of very general concepts (e.g., "observations") and more precise profile definitions of data for CDS and quality measures.
      3. CIMI models should represent clinical knowledge and not patient-specific, institution or implementation specific. The models should be generic – e.g., a blood pressure.
      4. Is CIMI reference model expressive enough for CQF needs - meta layer?
      5. What are the archetypes that we need to develop for CQF?
      6. How should we treat definitional artifacts such as documentation templates, order sets, ECA (event/condition/action) rules?

Next Steps:

  • Claude will follow up with Graham Grieve and also Robert Lario to discuss their efforts.
  • The plan continues to have a prototype authoring tool for January.
  • Tom will set up a follow up meeting with Patrick
  • The next meeting is Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 1 PM ET. Communication will occur via email until that time.