2015 11 11 Minutes - CQF Data Model Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
CQF Data Model Call Notes
- Wednesday November 11, 2015
- 1-2 PM ET
- +1 770-657-9270 Passcode: 217663
- URL: https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/#/meetings/detail?uuid=M8UL81KQZZKHCW46R28OYGINQM-8ENJ&rnd=47738.082690
- Bryn Rhodes
- Floyd Eisenberg
- Ken Kawamoto
- Mark Kramer
- Michelle Dardis
- Reshma Patel
- Tom Oniki
- Update to FHIR Quality (QI Core) with Logical View - Bryn submitted the Project Scope Statement to Dave Hamill and the FHIR Management Group to move forward with the planned update. There is no further information available at this time.
- Data Model
- Tom Oniki provided an update about discussions with Shaun Muir and Ken Lohr showing some progress with creating FHIR profiles from CEM. Intermountain Healthcare uses Clinical Element Modules (CEMs) to express their model. The plan is to convert existing CEMs to OpenEHR archetype ADLs. This group hopes to identify an authoring environment to convert CEMs to ADLs and subsequently generate FHIR DSTU 1 or FHIR DSTU 2, RDF, etc. going forward. The tool will be needed for January 2016.
- Tom shared some learning from discussions with ongoing work in Model Driven Health Tools (MDHT) using UML and XML using existing metamodels. The preference is to express the source and target in the same formalism.
- Intermountain Healthcare has an existing CIMI model browser that provides a mind map. Tom displayed the browser. The group discussed the possibility of an authoring environment with such a graphical view and a link to a terminology server to help authors create CIMI models and either:
- edit ADL directly, or
- edit XML
- Subsequently generate FHIR Profiles, V2, V3, etc.
- The tool needs a presentation layer to author a logical model.
- The group agreed on seeking input from Dave Carlson (MDHT) and some groups currently creating open source ADL authoring tools to determine how to leverage existing work.
- The group also agreed that a use case will help create a usable example that will help others understand the value of the effort. Some suggestions included:
- Apgar scores
- Surgery or spinal cord concepts important to the Federal Health Information Model (FHIM)
- The group will circulate considerations for a use case via email communication before the next meeting.
- Tom will contact Dave Carlson and also current developers of ADL tools to set up calls with the group and learn about the existing activities. These calls may be offline from the routine Wednesday 1 PM ET calls. The goal is to address how best to:
- Create an authoring environment with a presentation layer that allows authors to move nodes around to describe the desired model and to convert the content to a FHIR profile.
- Subsequently, create a viewer for profiles (less urgent)
- The meetings scheduled for the next two weeks are cancelled (11/18 due to the AMIA meeting, 11/25 due to the Thanksgiving holiday and lack of participant availability).
- The next meeting is Wednesday, December 7, 2015 at 1 PM ET. Communication will occur via email until that time.