This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20151215 US Realm SC Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to US_Realm_Steering_Committee
back to US_Realm_Steering_Committee_Conference_Calls

US Realm Steering Committee Call Agenda/Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#

Date: 2015-12-15
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Co-Chairs Ed/Ken Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee / Name
x Calvin Beebe Keith Boone Regrets Hans Buitendijk
x Lorraine Constable x Johnathan Coleman Regrets Ed Hammond
x Tony Julian x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler
x Brett Marquard Ken McCaslin Regrets Nancy Orvis
Brian Pech Regrets John Quinn Mark Roche
Regrets Sandra Stuart Regrets Pat Van Dyke x Anne Wizauer
Visitor / Name
x Zack May x Michelle Williamson x Paula Braun
x Genny Leunsman x Anita Walden x John Myers
no quorum definition



  • Agenda review
  • Review notes from 20151208_US_Realm_SC_Call
  • Action Items
    • Anita to take back THEMES project to WG to look into cosponsorship/International participation
      • Document has been updated. The project has Canadian representation on their Clinical Expert Review Committee and will extend an invitation to other clinicians internationally. Also, the project will be creating Data Elements (data element name, definition with a set of defined permissible values) as opposed to terminology similarly to the CV, TB, SZ, MDD, BP, Anesthesia DAMs.
  • Approval Items:
    • Project Approval Request by the O&O WG of the SSD-SD of Unique Device Identifier (UDI) Implementation Guidance Requirements
    • Project Approval Request by the Structured Documents WG of the SSD-SD of Occupational Data for Health Data Elements and Structure for Consolidated CDA Social History Section.


  • Review of any outstanding issues


  • Add Death Resources PSS to agenda.
  • MOTION to approve agenda by Austin. Second by Brett.
  • VOTE: all in favor
  • Minutes from last week accepted via general consent.
  • Anita Walden here to discuss THEMES project. As Canadian representation has been added, the project is no longer US Realm; will move forward accordingly.
  • MOTION from Tony that the concerns of this committee have been henceforth satisfied. Second by Austin.
  • VOTE: all in favor
  • UDI IG requirements:
    • Paul presents the project. Is actually universal. Meaningful Use 3 has made specific guidance regarding how UDI is used. JIC is entertaining a UDI document is at material variance with guidance from O&O. Attempting to get patterns harmonized to achieve interoperability.
    • MOTION by Calvin to approve the project; second by Austin.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Occupational Data for Health Data Elements and Structure for Consolidated CDA Social History Section:
    • This had been sent back and concerns have been addressed. Project will go through two separate phases as a result of feedback. If there is a scope alteration as a results of phase I, it will come back through before phase II.
    • MOTION by Calvin to approve. Austin seconds.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Development and Maintenance of Vital Records Death Reporting FHIR Resources and Profiles:
    • Michelle Williamson describes project. Project will identify, define, and maintain the set of FHIR resources for vital records death reporting. First stage will map HL7 and IHE vital records death reporting standards and map to FHIR resources; second stage will data mine EHR to include DSS capabilities. Lorraine suggests adding profiles to the scope for clarity; Brett agrees. Michelle agrees to make change.
    • Paul: do you have an existing logical model? Michelle states that they do. Paul suggests adding language that VR DAM is the model. Conversation on SMART on FHIR app mention in Project Need section; Paul states it's not an HL7 product but it's good to know it's a goal. Reviewed timelines; Lorraine notes that it has to be in line with FHIR timelines. Paul suggests adding "complete gap analysis" to first target date (December 31, 2016). Could go into May ballot as a draft to start getting community feedback. Introduction of new resources must move lockstep with FHIR balloting. If it's profiles, IGs, etc., you can do that in any cycle. Paul states they need to check "DSTU to Normative" as their ballot type in section 5.a. Paul asks about outreach to international community? Michelle notes that they extended the offer but there was no interest expressed.
    • MOTION to approve PSS by Calvin. Second by Austin.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Meeting cancelled on the 29th; will play the 22nd by ear.

Meeting Outcomes

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved