20151014 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes


(voice and screen)

Date: 2015-mm-dd
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech



• *Add to agenda: Genomics would like a genomics track

  • MOTION to accept agenda by Brian Pech; second by Brian Post.
  • Minutes from WGM:
    • MOTION to approve joint Sunday lunch by Lloyd; second by John M.
    • VOTE: all in favor
    • MOTION to approve Monday FMG minutes by John M.; second by Lloyd
    • VOTE: all in favor
    • MOTION to approve Thursday minutes by Lloyd; second by Brian Pech
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Action:
    • Lloyd to review DSTU QA page for completeness against the QA spreadsheet - keep for next week
  • Discussion Topics:
  • Candidate patch changes:
    • 8828: This is a publication tooling change.
      • MOTION to accept change by Lloyd; second by Paul.
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • 8829: Dutch translations
      • MOTION by Hans to approve; second by Paul
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • 8837: Invariant issue
      • MOTION to accept change (addition of text "element paths must be unique when defining resources or data types") by Paul; second by Lloyd.
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • List of approved changes from Lloyd:
      • MOTION by Lloyd to approve the list submitted via email with the addition of 8831, but excluding the following items: 6824, 7318, 7319, 7314, 7320, 7474, 7952, 8422, 7318, 7660, 7988, 7989, 8853, 8854, 8852 because they are not actually technical corrections, and that enhancements relating to search are contingent upon the code being ready to make that change; Paul seconds.
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • MOTION by Lloyd that the FMM wiki should be explicit that FMM0 = draft and that normative is a level that comes after FMM5; second by Hans.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Confirmation of frozen resources
    • MOTION to accept the list of frozen resources at [1] by Paul; second by Hans.
    • Lloyd abstains. 6 in favor.
    • Rules for checking "experimental" content: rules are not clearly enunciated. Need to document process/instructions and who can do it. ***ACTION: Lloyd to draft something for the Wiki.
    • Timeline for DSTU 2.1: Lloyd published detailed timeline on the wiki.
      • MOTION by Lloyd to accept timeline. Paul would like to see the addition of a review step to see if the ballot will be limited or full. Lloyd adds it. Paul seconds.
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • Sequence resource proposal:
      • Lloyd would like to see the resource relationships filled in more, particularly how it is expected to be used with observation. Josh states that the WG is still working on that piece. Lloyd states it could be a datatype rather than a standalone resource. Discussion over the intent. Lloyd notes absence of state in the resource. Will this be an act thing or an entity thing? He would like to see the RIM scope filled in and more description around the list of relationships regarding how it relates to those things on the list. Will it be very clear to implementers when they use this as opposed to observation? ACTION: David will go back to WG with these discussion points to Gil Alterowitz with these questions and invite for next week.
  • Lloyd will send out proposed timeline.
  • Adjourned at 5:31 pm

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd to send out proposed timeline
  • David to invite Gil Alterowitz to call next week to discuss questions regarding Sequence Resource Proposal
  • Lloyd to draft process/instructions regarding experimental content
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20151021 FMG concall

Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International