20150429 PLA call
return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program
|HL7 PLA Call Minutes
Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270, Participant Code: 985371,
|Facilitator||Mary Kay/ Austin||Note taker(s)||Anne|
|Mary Kay McDaniel|
|no quorum definition|
- Notes of 20150422_PLA_call review
- Grahame's email response with SGB concerns
- Plans for Paris/joint meeting with FMG and FGB
- notional division of products into product families and lines, to provide examples for peer review.
- Level of granularity
- Identify which pieces are orphaned, and the political elements to be surfaced.
- Positioning cross-product family artifacts (standards naming)
- BAM-lite feedback and review
- Governance on V2.x (v2.9 substantive changes)
- develop form to request establishing a Product Family
- Discussion began with joint FGB call on Monday and the issues raised. Perception that the TSC is introducing delays and we need to explore if that is a reality. Grahame forwarded concerns.
- Ken and Lloyd communicated about FHIR core rollout yesterday and how it relates to SGB. It does not currently look like FHIR Core WG will be launched before Paris – perhaps on Saturday at the WGM.
- Austin suggests continuing separate governance board for FHIR as a subcommittee of SGB. Would address Grahame’s concerns as a reasonable accommodation. Calvin wonders if we’re talking about management or governance. Certain member(s) of FGB should sit on SGB also. FMG will stand; it’s report will go straight to SGB. FGB will do the same thing – continue to exist with the expectation that it will be eventually absorbed. Calvin: we need to acknowledge that new breaking change bends rules, but it has to be done in a thoughtful yet flexible way. The key is to say that governance has been mixed up with all sorts of things – methodology, management – but governance is about establishing precepts, checks and balances. SGB will have to carefully define its roles. Paul will review response on TSC on Monday for discussion and potential decisions on Saturday/Sunday evening.
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved