20150304 PLA call
return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program
|HL7 PLA Call Minutes
Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270, Participant Code: 985371,
|Facilitator||Mary Kay/ Austin||Note taker(s)||Anne|
|x||Mary Kay McDaniel|
|no quorum definition|
- Notes of 20130218_PLA_call review
- ARB will be joining our call to discuss the BAM
- The following document should inform PLA efforts, ARB would like PLA to review and provide feedback before the ballot for May.
- The document is at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/hlbam2b/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2Fdocuments%2FBAM_Lite.pdf
- notional division of products into product families and lines, to provide examples for peer review.
- Level of granularity
- Identify which pieces are orphaned, and the political elements to be surfaced.
- Positioning cross-product family artifacts (standards naming)
- BAM-lite feedback and review
- Governance on V2.x (v2.9 substantive changes)
- develop form to request establishing a Product Family
- Convened at 2:05
- Tony and Lorraine present as ArB reps to review phase 1 of the BAM that is balloting as an informative doc in May. Wanted to go over what is in this document and what is not. Section 2.2 diagram shows relationship to other BAM projects. Four models in the document: 1) minimal BAM metamodel – like the RIM of the BAM. 2) BAM UML profile, which leads to the 3) product definition diagram, to be read from top to bottom, right to left. Finally, the 4) Product Activity Diagram, which shows the stopping points along the way. Product Planning and Activity diagrams show the order in which things should take place. Product Planning Activity starts at the bottom left. Lorraine notes this model adds a product directorate role. Brian suggests adding directional hints for reading the diagrams. Calvin suggests adding an opening paragraph describing that what is being balloted are the first two steps in the lifecycle stage. Discussion over potential timeline for implementing new governance board. Brian suggests you could stand up a governance group incrementally. Paul amends to say that we’ll have a single governance group that goes through transition to cover all product families. Tony states that ArB is not recommending timing. Paul: should we delay the movement to a single governing body until after this is balloted and reconciled? Lorraine suggests we move ahead with formation and apply the feedback as it comes in.
- Review of Standards Governance Board mission and charter in comparison to responsibilities stated in the BAM. Made appropriate edits to the document. Notable updates: approving the assignment of products to families; approving the establishment of product lines; recommendations for the establishment of new management and/or methodology groups will be sent to the TSC from the SGB for approval; maintain a complete listing of products to product families and products to product lines (once the phase II BAM is completed, harmonize the process). Added statement regarding goals.
- Will meet next week; Anne to add to schedule.
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved