This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20150113 US Realm TF Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to US Realm Task Force
back to US Realm Task Force Conference Calls

US Realm Task Force Call Agenda/Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#

Date: 2015-01-13
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Facilitator Ed/Ken Note taker(s) Lynn
Attendee / Name
Calvin Beebe Woody Beeler Keith Boone
Joe Bormel x Lorraine Constable x Johnathan Coleman
Julie Crouse John Feikema Freida Hall
x Ed Hammond x Tony Julian x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler Lynn Laakso x Ken McCaslin
x John Quinn David Susanto Pat VanDyke
Visitor / Name
no quorum definition




  • Results of discussion with EC regarding the scope/future of USRTF


  • SDWG putting together a project establishing authority for all the value sets in C-CDA. Why wouldn’t it be Vocabulary? Austin states they would be a co-sponsor. Paul states that Vocab should be a curator; why would we have four different vocabulary archives for the four different standards families? Austin states it is a US realm issue to have the standards in VZAC. Paul proposes that Vocabulary should be responsible for the management, not the content. Austin says the first part of the project is to figure out how this is going to work, and SDWG will be working to do so. Austin will send a copy of the proposal out shortly for discussion at the Thursday lunch meeting.
  • Ed states Ken brought authority level to EC and there is a motion that will be presented at the Board. We’ll discuss after the Board decision. The motion recognizes that the role that is provided by what we call the USRTF is probably broader than US Realm in a way, so there will be an analysis of function. Ken confirms that the proposal keeps the current membership of this group although it would become a Board group.
  • Confirmation that Thursday luncheon will be held although Ed and John likely won’t be able to attend. Discussion regarding who from ONC will be in attendance at the WGM; Jonathan Coleman confirms who will be attending.
  • FMG’s request for US Realm Value sets – is USRTF the deciding body? That was the start of all of this, so we can’t lose sight of that. Paul states that FMG will be creating trackers and he will cover it on Thursday. Discussion re: Advisory Council conversations on FHIR – the discussions are not filtering down into the WGs, even FMG.
  • We should get an update on Project Argonaut and what that means for us coordinating work in the US Realm. Chuck should talk to TSC and this group – he is on the agenda for Saturday. There are some issues that need resolution but Ken thinks there are enough moving parts that we don’t yet have it completely formulated, so Chuck may not be able to share specific information. SDWG has gotten a packet from Argonaut of resources that are being thrown to outsiders to help with C-CDA on FHIR mapping. Continuing concern about coordination with WGs.
  • Call adjourned at 1:35 pm.

Meeting Outcomes

  • Austin to send SDWG's proposal re: authority for value sets in C-CDA
  • Paul to discuss FMG trackers at Thursday WG lunch
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved