This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20141216 US Realm TF Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to US Realm Task Force
back to US Realm Task Force Conference Calls

US Realm Task Force Call Agenda/Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#

Date: 2014-12-16
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Facilitator Ed/Ken Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee / Name
Calvin Beebe Woody Beeler Keith Boone
Joe Bormel Regrets Lorraine Constable Johnathan Coleman
Julie Crouse x John Feikema Freida Hall
x Ed Hammond x Tony Julian x Paul Knapp
Regrets Austin Kreisler Lynn Laakso x Ken McCaslin
x John Quinn David Susanto Pat VanDyke
Visitor / Name
no quorum definition



  • Agenda review
  • Review notes from 20141209_US_Realm_TF_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul to get clarification from FMG on the context of the extensions request
    • Ken to discuss realm-level authority with EC on 12/29 call; sending materials to Karen in advance


  • Review of any outstanding issues


Called to order at 1:00 pm by Ed Hammond

  • Re: clarification from FMG on the context of the extensions request: Paul reports that the issue is when there are extensions being requested coming from US realm participants – will US Realm task force take those on. Paul took back to FMG. Outstanding issue is what will be the process. Ed wants to know if we’ll be able to tell from the PSS if it’s an issue for USRTF. Paul states no, we should respond to FMG to develop a process for notification; FMG can in the meantime forward to US Realm or Anne to put on the agenda. We will flesh out the process at the January meeting. Ken states that maybe we can use some of the tools that Vocab is using as a model. EC will not meet before WG meeting; will put it out for electronic vote? Ed wonders what the barriers are to the authority issue. Ken goes over the history of the issue since Ed has been on the road an unable to attend the last few meetings, describing the push to run the issue through the chain of command. Ed thinks that the group’s name should no longer reflect task force since its role has evolved. Ken agrees and wonders about the process for moving that forward, the formalization of the group. Paul talks about the history of the issues with US Realm decisions. Ed agrees that we should run it past EC. Ken will submit a document to Mark for review previous to January call as the December call has been cancelled. Ken will forward to Ed to send to EC.

Call adjourned at 1:22 pm

Meeting Outcomes

  • Ken to submit a document to Mark for review prior to the January EC call regarding US realm task force authority level
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved