This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140212 US Realm TF Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
US Realm Task Force Call Agenda/Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/414809453

Date: 2014-02-12
Time: 5 pm Eastern Standard Time
Facilitator Ken McCaslin Note taker(s) Lynn
Attendee Name
x Woody Beeler
x Lorraine Constable
x John Feikema
x Maribeth Gagnon, CDC
x Marc Hadley, Mitre
x Cindy Johns
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler,
x Lynn Laakso
x Ken McCaslin
x Anne Pollock, CDC
x Mark Roche
no quorum definition

Agenda

Administrivia

  • Agenda review
  • Action Items
    • PSS on Standards 101 for ONC Contractors -John will have a draft after vacation
    • KenM will send a note to Ted, Rob and Heather to check on source of truth for value sets status and meeting schedule and let the group know by email
    • KenM and JohnQ to recommend a convention for storing near-production version S&I material to not violate HL7 IP issues.
  • Review notes from 20140205_US_Realm_TF_Call

Discussion:

  • Review time availability to move to Tuesdays or Thursdays
  • Referred from 2014-02-03 TSC Call
  • Cancer Registry Reporting IG (PHER) - Copyright agreement with IHE ?
  • Status reports:
  • Review of any outstanding issues
    • Source of truth for value sets
    • New project in ONC with Regenstrief, CHCF and CDC to produce common order sets using LOINC (Feik). Clem and Dan and CDC folks could attend next week to review.
    • PSS on "Analysis for Harmonized EU-US Patient Summary Exchange"

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Maribeth has some slides on the LOINC Order Code initiative as Feik had mentioned last week. New effort inside S&I sponsored by CHCF and led by CDC. Partnered with Regenstrief, it will follow the S&I process and be published by Regenstrief and be cite-able like LOINC but they wished to have HL7 review and participate if we wished. It will add the orderables for the top 2000 commonly resulted tests and will include public health tests.
    • Woody asks to clarify that the primary objective is to get people to use LOINC for such codes.
    • Austin clarifies that many public health orders are microbiology related. There are only about 300 existing orderable codes currently. They will propose new codes that LOINC can add.
    • Many of these tests are batteries of tests or 'panels'; it will indeed attempt to standardize these panels.
    • Ken cautions that lack of distinction between referring to a LOINC code as its orderable versus its result code can be confusing. This will have to be addressed in the LRI IG. Tying the SNOMED codes to the orderable LOINC codes might try to identify what kind of results they expect to get back from the orderable. They will also post a directory for the CDC, notes Maribeth. Austin notes that all four lab IGs will likely have to be updated for the correct references.
    • Maribeth adds that Feik will be the person to let HL7 know if things come up.
  • Referred from 2014-02-03 TSC Call
    • Project scope update approval request for Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) Specification, Release 2.x for CQI of DESD cosponsored by CDS and Structured Documents WG of SSD SD and PHER of DESD at Project Insight #508 and TSC Tracker 2848
    • Marc reports that they are addressing three improved capabilities in HQMF to modularize and allow use of data for both CDS and Clinical Quality measures. Common elements are common metadata, common data model, and common expression logic. They also wish to improve fidelity of identification of episodes of care. Thirdly those defining composite measures can describe where their component measures come from (metadata citation of their sources).
    • Austin asks about the expression logic will describe how they will point to an external source that holds the expression logic. The data model will not be external but will use the existing data model from HQMF (eMeasure) and they want to be able to have something 'green' for the expression logic to work against. They don't want to have to deal with the full RIM semantics and lengthy paths.
    • Lorraine asks about the data model and its relation to the vMR and QIDAM. QIDAM is the data requirements gathering. They will look at FHIR for the basis for the logical model and are doing a gap analysis. This project will allow them the extensibility to reference the outcome of the harmonization project and other projects.
    • Most of the analysis has already been done for what needs to be changed.
    • While the other three areas will refer to external sources, the quality measures themselves and their metadata will still be described in this IG.
    • Paul notes that ITS will keep abreast of it though are not listed as cosponsors.
    • The PSS has already been approved by the steering division and was referred from the TSC; we can bring it back for approval.
  • Review time availability to move to Tuesdays or Thursdays - Lynn will do a Doodle poll for either Tuesday or Thursday, Austin reports that ArB meets at 5 PM on Tuesdays. 1 or 2PM Tues or 4 PM or 5 PM Thursday.
  • Action Items
    • PSS on Standards 101 for ONC Contractors -John will have a draft after vacation
    • KenM will send a note to Ted, Rob and Heather to check on source of truth for value sets status and meeting schedule and let the group know by email; he has not heard back.
    • KenM and JohnQ to recommend a convention for storing near-production version S&I material to not violate HL7 IP issues. Ken does not expect to resolve that issue until after March 3 and bring it to USRealmTF after March 10.
  • Review notes from 20140205_US_Realm_TF_Call - no corrections or additions.

Discussion:

  • Cancer Registry Reporting IG (PHER) - Copyright agreement with IHE ? Ken is still trying to understand the issue and where we are with that. Austin notes they have moved forward with the decision to go to ballot in September instead of May.
  • Status reports: none
  • Review of any outstanding issues
    • Source of truth for value sets (see above action item)
    • PSS on "Analysis for Harmonized EU-US Patient Summary Exchange" - PSS still under development. It's not for May ballot so we'll keep it on the list of outstanding issues.
  • Ken notes we should cancel the 26th during HIMSS.

Adjourned 5:47 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items