This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140115 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2014-01-15
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s):
Quorum = chair + 4 yes
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable Paul Knapp x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x David Hay x Josh Mandel x Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20140108_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • David and John will draft combined criteria at FHIR Connectathons with distinction of connectathon versus hackathon and come up with process.
      • Paul, Brian and Lorraine draft some suggested policy points for review by FMG and forward to FGB or TSC.
      • Hugh will take some excerpts from his presentation to HL7 UK and create a wiki page -
      • Lloyd will complete RIM Mappings.
      • Hugh to draft text of motion for decision criteria whether to bring FHIR back to another ballot
      • liaison to send an email to respective WGs to ensure there is a joint session on the planning sheet and remind them when that quarter is.
      • Lloyd to create the wiki page for the link from the agendas page.
  • Reports
  • Process management
    • Metrics: need someone to step forward to develop metrics for measuring in the management of FHIR.
    • Ballot Planning
    • Ballot QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Convened at 1:04 PM

  • Agenda Check -review metrics and policy points, time allowing discuss JohnM's email, representation at FGB meetings at WGM
    • Lloyd can't attend Monday Q1; Hugh and JohnM will attend
    • David/John move approval of agenda as amended; unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20140108_FMG_concall Brian/John move approval, Hugh and Lorraine abstain; passed 3/0/2
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • David and John will draft combined criteria at FHIR Connectathons with distinction of connectathon versus hackathon and come up with process. No progress
      • Paul, Brian and Lorraine draft some suggested policy points for review by FMG and forward to FGB or TSC.
        • They met and are waiting for some additional content from Paul - they should have it ready for the WGM.
      • Hugh will take some excerpts from his presentation to HL7 UK and create a wiki page - no update
      • Lloyd will complete RIM Mappings. This is in progress
      • Hugh to draft text of motion for decision criteria whether to bring FHIR back to another ballot - not yet done, but Lloyd will make a draft. Setting of policy in this arena as FMG or FGB reviewed.
      • liaison to send an email to respective WGs to ensure there is a joint session on the planning sheet and remind them when that quarter is.
      • Lloyd to create the wiki page for the link from the agendas page. Not done
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) no new registrants (registration closed). David will send a message post-WGM asking what challenges kept potential participants from attending.
    • FGB – updated M&C sent to TSC; FMG should also plan to attend Sunday night TSC. Ron may not be able to continue as chair. If FMG has suggestions for the new positions please send them along. FGB main concern is managing expectations.
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Process management
    • Metrics: need someone to step forward to develop metrics for measuring in the management of FHIR. Josh and David drafted a version reviewed on the call. Discussion ensued on question on data quality metrics computed behind the firewall. Skype API data mining is attractive, and Lorraine notes Alexander Henket would be the most likely to have knowledge. How to accumulate monitoring from Skype channel, stack overflow, listserv, GForge trackers, eventually help desk, etc. or do we need to seek convergence? Lorraine suggests that the FMG needs to formulate a position on what constraints on support resources will be placed for members-only locations. Lloyd sees tasks to start developing mining scripts for the various channels (Skype, listserv etc), one to develop survey questions, one to define requirements for the data quality service and do a cost/benefit analysis. Suggestion that we could put out a request on the list for someone to do the scripting, but with careful design/requirements architecture first.

Passive monitoring of freeform extract of discussions, q&a, etc. Josh will draft a high level architecture for the passive monitoring of communication channels.

  • Appointment process - need to renew appointments at the WGM

Adjourned 1:59 PM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

WGM


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International