This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2014-03-20 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes
Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting ID: 741-102-173
Date: 2014-03-20
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x Woody Beeler, interim Vocabulary liaison
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
regrets Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
x Dennis Cheung, co-chair, CIHI
Matt Graham, Mobile Health liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
regrets Lloyd McKenzie, FHIR liaison
x John Ritter, EHR
x Brian Pech, KP
x John Quinn, CTO
regrets Rik Smithies, CS liaison
Rob Snelick, CGIT liaison
Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
regrets Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2014-03-13 Tooling Call
  • Review action items -
    • Lynn will set up a Doodle poll to schedule webinar in April to entertain questions on the Tooling Challenge
    • Andy will send John info about Regex expression license
    • Andy (and Dennis) will follow up with Diego on the Education project;
    • Andy will do an assessment of how well HingX meets those FMG registry requirements; Representation of metadata for DAMs might be different from the MIF metadata that Andy and Woody will work on for HingX (Patient Care, CIC) and will provide a starting point.
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • CIC - AMS
    • CS - Rik Smithies reports there are no new tooling requirements at this time
    • CGIT - Rob Snelick
    • Education - Diego Kaminker
    • EHR - John Ritter
    • Electronic Services - Jeff Brown
    • FHIR - Lloyd McKenzie reports there is nothing new to report on FHIR since last month.
    • Marketing - Rene Spronk
    • Mobile Health - Matt Graham
    • Patient Care, AID - Michael Van der Zel
    • Structured Documents, Publishing, Templates, OHT liaison- Andy Stechishin
    • Vocabulary - Woody Beeler (interim)
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    Tooling co-sponsored projects
    • PI# 1062 Publishing and Tooling support for FHIR publication (Publishing sponsor)
    • PI# 1058 FHIR Tooling and Electronic Services Support (ES sponsor)
    • PI# 983 MIF- to OWL conversion (MnM Sponsor)
    • PI# 948 HL7 Work Group Facilitator Training (Education sponsor)
    • PI# 947 HL7 Vocabulary Maintenance in the IHTSDO Workbench (Vocab sponsor)
    • PI# 945 Evaluate NLM Vocabulary Submission Tool (USCRS) at HL7 (Vocab sponsor)
    • PI# 905 V2 Publishing Database Upgrade (Publishing sponsor)
    • PI# 885 HL7 Templates ITS Pilot (Templates sponsor)
    • PI# 829 HL7 Templates Registry Business Process Requirements Analysis (Templates sponsor)
    • PI# 806 Development of policies and procedures of an HL7 terminology authority (Vocabulary sponsor)
  • Other/New Business



Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Andy convenes at 2:05 PM

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review: Andy notes that there may be need for interim cochairs in Phoenix and will discuss next week. Approved by general consent
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2014-03-13 Tooling Call Dennis moves and Woody seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
  • Review action items -
    • Lynn will set up a Doodle poll to schedule webinar in April to entertain questions on the Tooling Challenge; done.
    • Andy will send John info about Regex expression license; not done.
    • Andy (and Dennis) will follow up with Diego on the Education project; Dennis took first pass through requirements spreadsheet. He and Andy will go through it together tomorrow.
    • Andy will do an assessment of how well HingX meets those FMG registry requirements; Representation of metadata for DAMs might be different from the MIF metadata that Andy and Woody will work on for HingX (Patient Care, CIC) and will provide a starting point. MIF Metadata wiki page developed. FMG has other requirements for FHIR registry but may be able to back-populate into HingX. FHIR registry needs to support a FHIR REST API which is outside the realm of HingX.
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • CIC - AMS is not on the call. Need to contact him with plans to wrap up MAX project.
    • CS - Rik Smithies reports there are no new tooling requirements at this time
    • CGIT - Rob Snelick is not on the call; he usually attends if he has something to bring forward
    • Education - Diego Kaminker - Tooling requirements waiting on Dennis and Andy
    • Electronic Services - Jeff Brown is not on the call
    • FHIR - Lloyd McKenzie reports there is nothing new to report on FHIR since last month.
    • Marketing - Rene Spronk is not on the call
    • Mobile Health - Matt Graham is not on the call this week.
    • Patient Care, AID - Michael Van der Zel is not on the call
    • Structured Documents, Publishing, Templates, OHT liaison- Andy Stechishin
      • SDWG no report as he couldn't make the call. Not much activity in the Tooling space for templates.
      • Templates: Andy seeks to bring forward a PSS for Templates and Tooling to load HingX.
      • Publishing: Woody notes that MnM intends to revise generation of DT schemas to make corrections in schematron and allow vocab schemas generated from the database. They will try to have it done before the ballot closes next week. Brian notes there is table metadata cleanup going on in the V2.x tables. Lynn asks if the V2.8 vote has been tabulated and closed; Andy will do that. PI 905 on V2 publishing database upgrade has devolved and it is unclear what exactly Frank is doing. It may be rewritten in Java or updated in Access. Brian suggests he might get together with Frank and amend the PSS.
      • John Quinn and John Ritter join
      • OHT: JohnQ reports that the face to face meetings seem to have all different attendees except the leadership. With Rob Kolodner as CTO, the Vista replacement for the VA is naturally one topic of discussion. Open source platform testing is another topic he's been hearing.
    • EHR - John Ritter joins the call; translation into other languages is one issue. Andy notes that EHF FP editor being used for MU and RMES in development. PHR FM was published a couple weeks ago which used the Profile Designer tool. Andy asks JohnR to take a request to EHR WG to assume primary responsibility for project 831 and Tooling as cosponsor. JohnR notes that EHR provides requirements for a subcontractor. They don't do coding. He asks Andy to send an email to the EHR cochairs to lay out the history of the issue.
    • Vocabulary - Woody Beeler (interim) has nothing to report.
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    Tooling co-sponsored projects
    • PI# 1062 Publishing and Tooling support for FHIR publication (Publishing sponsor) - Brian notes the placeholder wiki page has been further developed. http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_publishing_requirements. Lynn will update the Tooling Wiki page with a link. He will bring this to the FMG agenda as well. Next steps include checking in with Ewout to get more description of the current build process.
    • PI# 1058 FHIR Tooling and Electronic Services Support (ES sponsor) - Andy will contact Lorraine to get the link to the wiki page in process for this.
    • PI# 983 MIF- to OWL conversion (MnM Sponsor) - this is complete and should be closed with the last payment. MnM should vote to close the project. Woody will put it on the agenda for MnM.
    • PI# 948 HL7 Work Group Facilitator Training (Education sponsor) - no update; nothing has been done to Andy and Woody's knowledge.
    • PI# 947 HL7 Vocabulary Maintenance in the IHTSDO Workbench (Vocab sponsor); IHTSDO activities are not clear so the Tooling group should figure out what IHTSDO is doing and if HL7 wants to jump on - abandon or adopt. HL7 vocab may wish to scale back their scope of effort in terminology definition also notes Woody.
    • PI# 945 Evaluate NLM Vocabulary Submission Tool (USCRS) at HL7 (Vocab sponsor) - Woody notes the value set definition task force is working out some issues and will then address this further. Additional requirements on where the tool would run, who would run it, other technical requirements to integrate with other ES functions also pending notes Andy.
    • PI# 905 V2 Publishing Database Upgrade (Publishing sponsor) - addressed in liaison report.
    • PI# 885 HL7 Templates ITS Pilot (Templates sponsor) - Andy will have to check in on the status of this one.
    • PI# 829 HL7 Templates Registry Business Process Requirements Analysis (Templates sponsor) - this is archived - Lynn will remove from liaison meeting template
    • PI# 806 Development of policies and procedures of an HL7 terminology authority (Vocabulary sponsor) - this is archived - Lynn will remove from liaison meeting template.
  • Other/New Business: may need to address interim cochairs for the May WGM next week. If interested please contact Andy.

Adjourned


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.