2014-01-23 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration Work Group Meeting – Thursday January 23, 2014

Navigation

Thursday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Frio Conference Room

Date: 2014-01-23
Time: Thursday Q1
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alexander Henkett Nictiz
X Erin Holt Tennessee Department of Health, USA
X Ken Pool OZ Systems, USA
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Harmonization of CMETs - Joint with FHER

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions.
The WG is hosting PHER to discuss and harmonize the shared CMETs. Ken Poole stated that he recalled that their workgroups comfortable with the work that PA is doing with the CMETs, especially with the E_Person universal. The WGs decided today to look at some of the CMETs to gauge the potential differences. The best way, it was decided, was to look at the HMDs for each of the CMETs
The first CMET HMDs to review was for Person:
COCT_HD840200UV09 – PHER
COCT_HD030200UV09 – PA
The WG discussed perhaps changing the DMIM for possible inclusion of needs from PHER. This may allow for changes to be applied as a result of the harmonization of the DMIM with patient care.
There seem to be 4

  • E_Person
  • E_NonPersonLivingSubject
  • E_Organization Universal
  • E_Place

The WG continued with reviewing the differences between the CMETs, starting with the NonPersonLivingSubject. It seems that the only difference is the omission of the id attribute in the PHER CMET, but this is present in the PA CMET. These CMETs seem to harmonize.
After reviewing the models for PHER, it appears that it may not be an effective strategy to harmonize these CMETs. PHER recognized that the public health topic will have to be reviewed and updated to meet their needs.
The PHER workgroup brought up a question about TEP to the PA workgroup. In doing the mapping of the TEP to HL7 v2. There are some elements that they wanted to ask of PA. For language, TEP identifies multiple languages in no particular order. TEP is using HL7 v2.7 for the mapping which has only primary language. The question is how to express or map this to the HL7 standard.
Since TEP has a list of languages in no particular order and there is only one place in PID- for Primary Language, the WG suggested that PHER use another construct for communicating this information. PHER will use the OBX to communicate the language.
The next question has to do with the mapping of the TEP Location. This is defined as the location lhere EMS care provider encounter the patient. The PAWG looked at the patient administration Chapter 3 of the specification.
The PHER WG believes that they have enough to work on.
PV1-9 Patient Class
PV1-14 Admit Source

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action Item:
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Frio Conference Room

Date: 2014-01-23
Time: Thursday Q2
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel EPIC
X Brian Postlethwaite HL7 Australia
X Iryna Roy Gordon Point Informatics
X Christian Hay GS1
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Provider and Organization Registries

Supporting Documents

  • None

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
There were no stakeholders for the Provider and Organization Registries since these items were covered during the interdependent registries discussion during Q3 on Wednesday (yesterday). Therefore, the Patient Administration met with Orders and Observations due to their coverage of the Appointment FHIR resource.Please see the minutes for that workgroup during this time.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)

.

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Frio Conference Room

Date: 2014-01-23
Time: Thursday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Brian Postlethwaite HL7 Australia
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 The Netherlands
X Michael Steine BT
X Ewout Kramer Furore
X Iryna Roy Gordon Point Informatics
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • FHIR Planning

Supporting Documents

  • None

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
The WG continued with the FHIR Appointment resource work. Recurrence attribute of the Appointment. How can this be represented. These would be represented presumably by chains of individual repeating appointments in a schedule. This could mean you want to retain the relationship between each or it might be to just easily make multiple recurrent appointments.
The WG discussed the methods of being able to handle the recurrences. Ewout noted that the “schedule” data type which contains both an “event” and a “repeat” attribute. Event is when the event occurs, repeat can define “frequency” and “when”.
The solution was to use the List resource as a sort of container wherein each “Entry” would be the recurring appointment(s). This seems to solve the recurrence with a sort of parent entity that contains information about the recurring appointments.
Brian will include examples in the specification as well as include the workflow into the specification.
Action: Need to include examples, workflow and the guidance to include the List resource when making recurring appointments. Responsible: Brian.
Ewout noted that we work on the Appointment will need to be included into the nightly build FHIR website. He also reiterated that the FHIR management group will be expecting quality reviews of the FHIR resources from each of the responsible work groups.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Frio Conference Room

Date: 2014-01-23
Time: Thursday Q4
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Brian Postlethwaite HL7 Australia
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Iryna Roy Gordon Point Informatics, Canada
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics
Wrap up

  • Approve next ballot
  • Update work plan

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
This is scheduled to be a planning meeting.
Scheduling needs to be reballotted for the next cycle due to its having gone beyond.
Regarding the we agreed during the recon of the ballot we were to check with Tom as to whether scheduling was just providing a framework for other committees to use. He was consulted and agreed that it was. Therefore we will note in the topic that is so. Alexander will include verbiage to support this in the balloted material.
Action: Include a note in the materials letting implemnters know that the scheduling constructs are a framework for other committees to use. Responsible: Alexander Henket
Action: The NIB will be submitted for Scheduling. Responsible: Line.
Personnel Management
Action: Submit the publication request form as soon as possible. Responsible: Alex de Leon
Encounter
Action: Submit the publication request form as soon as possible. Responsible: Alex de Leon
The WG discussed the Personnel Management CMETs which show as DSTU.
Irma moves to retract the Personnel Management CMETs project (#574). Iryna seconds.
Discussion: none
Vote: 5/0/0
Action: An email will be sent to HL7 HQ (Dave Hamill) that the WG will be retracting the Personnel Management CMETs. Responsible: Line.
Scheduling CMETs status: The Scheduling CMETs are old and need to be published.
Irma moves to retract the Scheduling CMETs project (# 459), seconded by Alexander Henket.
Discussion: none
Vote: 5/0/0
Action: An email will be sent to HL7 HQ (Dave Hamill) that the WG will be retracting the Personnel Management CMETs. Responsible: Line.
Person and Patient Registry Enhancement (#576)
Action: Submit NIB. Reponsible: Line
The WG continued to discuss the Encounter definition which needs to be discussed before the encounter topic can be published. The proposal is to use the SKMT definition to move to harmonization. If we are to do this, we would have to submit this for harmonization.
Our publication/modeling facilitator will talk to the vocabulary facilitator to help move the encounter definition further. Meanwhile, we will involve the balloter from EPIC in the next telecom to let them know that we intend to clarify the encounter definition.
Brian moves to adjourn. Irma seconded.
Meeting adjourned at 4:19PM.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Proposed date of conference call: 2/10/14.

Agenda topics:

  • Interdependent Registries DAM Ballot Reconciliation
  • Review Jan 2014 WGM Action Items

Navigation

© 2011 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.