This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20131204 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-12-04
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs regrets Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x Paul Knapp x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x David Hay x Josh Mandel x Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20131120_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • John M will write up some rules on connectathon versus showcase.
      • Need to combine criteria at FHIR Connectathons with distinction of connectathon versus hackathon and come up with process.
      • Paul/Lorraine/Brian will draft responsibilities around ballot, publishing levels, etc.
      • Hugh will take some excerpts to a wiki page from his presentation to HL7 UK
      • Liaisons must also notify their groups that the RIM Mappings will be developed (mostly in the domain areas, not infrastructure) and may need their involvement or review
  • Reports
  • Process management
    • DSTU reconciliation and publication status
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call - convened at 1:06 PM
  • Agenda Check - Lloyd wishes to add some ballot reconciliation tasks assigned to FMG, David/Paul move; unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20131120_FMG_concall Lorraine/John move; unanimously approved
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • John M will write up some rules on connectathon versus showcase. This is similar to what was on John's blog the other day, and placed on IHE wiki as there are other interested parties and much experience in that group. We should link to this from our connectathon page. It should be viewed as a draft work in progress. Needs some description before launching into "Connectathon is a Safe place to Fail", perhaps move the History section to front as introduction. John will take an action to update it with the basics of what a connectathon 'is'. He would like to keep it as common as possible, though he expects HL7 will clone and customize at some point.
      • Need to combine criteria at FHIR Connectathons with distinction of connectathon versus hackathon and come up with process.
      • Paul/Lorraine/Brian will draft responsibilities around ballot, publishing levels, etc. PSSes around publishing, technology, etc are in progress. Technology and extension registry project does not have a project facilitator. Grahame needs to be added and we can review it next week.
      • Hugh will take some excerpts from his presentation to HL7 UK and create a wiki page; Hugh is not on the call.
      • Liaisons must also notify their groups that the RIM Mappings will be developed (mostly in the domain areas, not infrastructure) and may need their involvement or review - notification is in various stages of completion
  • ballot reconciliation tasks
    • Of the specific items referred to FMG, 3 of 4 are already voted upon
      • Lorraine's PSS already accommodates development of extension registry policy.
      • One issue outstanding on boundary between medication administration and immunization messages to moderate between pharmacy and PHER. Extensive discussion ensued
      • While communication on the Skype channels and lists would also be useful they are also small communities. There are some circumstances where a receiving system would not know if the medication administered is a vaccine or not, or it doesn't know which resource to use. The system capturing the administration event would have to know that information about the substance administered by the bar code; otherwise you just have the bar code, patient id, time/date, administering nurse id. Trade-off between simplicity for implementers (using resources named after recognizable and typically distinguished events) or strict modeling principles.
      • Lloyd will write something up and capture the concerns discussed, for review by domain groups.
      • Last remaining reconciliation item on high level diagrams postponed to next week

Adjourned 2:14 PM.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • review Technology and extension registry project
  • Review reconciliation issues assigned to FMG
  • 20131211 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International