This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20131016 US Realm TF Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
US Realm Task Force Call Agenda/Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/414809453

Date: 2013-10-09
Time: 5 pm Eastern Time
Facilitator Austin Note taker(s) Lynn
Attendee Name


regrets Calvin Beebe
regrets Woody Beeler
x Keith Boone
x Lorraine Constable
x Robert Dieterle
x John Feikema
x Marc Hadley
x Tony Julian
x Kensaku Kawamoto
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler,
x Lynn Laakso
Ken McCaslin
Ron Parker
Brian Pech
x John Quinn
x Bryn Rhodes
x Pat Van Dyke
no quorum definition

Agenda

  • Administrivia
    • Agenda review
    • Action Items
      • Keith will bring it up to the Education committee and ask for volunteers for drafting a PSS on Standards 101 for ONC Contractors.
    • Review notes from URTF_WGM_Agenda_2013Sep
  • Impact of US Gov shutdown on HL7 US Realm Projects
  • Status of formation of content review team in ArB
    • Content review team will be formed ad-hoc calling on the members whose expertise falls within the scope of the document being reviewed. (Tony)
    • TSC has asked Steering Divisions to refer PSS that are initiated with > 50% of the work already done to the ArB, as well as those generated from outside HL7.
  • Inventory of note:
    • PI# 1048, HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA R2 - Consolidated CDA Additional Attachment Templates R1.0
    • PI# 1049, Harmonization of Health Quality Artifact Reasoning and Expression Logic
    • PI# 1017 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2(3?)
    • PI# 1016 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Implementation Guide, Release 1(2?)
    • SDC
    • DAF
  • Review of any outstanding issues

Minutes

  • Administrivia - convened 5:04 PM
    • Agenda review - KenK notes that vMR templates, Knowledge Artifact IG, etc not included.
    • Action Items
      • Keith will bring it up to the Education committee and ask for volunteers for drafting a PSS on Standards 101 for ONC Contractors. Keith is not on the call
    • Review notes from URTF_WGM_Agenda_2013Sep
  • Impact of US Gov shutdown on HL7 US Realm Projects; SMD continues work, OO and SDWG are continuing reconciliation related to S&I. If we're lucky the shutdown will cease tonight.
  • Status of formation of content review team in ArB - Tony reports that ArB has not further discussed it since the last meeting; their agenda was full this week.
    • Content review team will be formed ad-hoc calling on the members whose expertise falls within the scope of the document being reviewed. (Tony)
    • TSC has asked Steering Divisions to refer PSS that are initiated with > 50% of the work already done to the ArB, as well as those generated from outside HL7.
  • Inventory of note:
    • PI# 1048, HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA R2 - Consolidated CDA Additional Attachment Templates R1.0
      • Summary of work done in this space sent to ArB; not likely to be an issue but two Work Groups assert sponsorship. Robert notes that the implementation guide is using CDA. Attachments guides have been more on taking the content with an X12 transport. They are content to let Attachments take the lead. John (Quinn) notes there is a history in the participation of CMS and relationships within HL7's AWG. Seems to have sorted itself out. The updated PSS went to DESD and the vote is in progress.
    • Keith arrives.
    • Discussion ensued on the sniff test of the content and the Attachments expertise needed. ACTION ITEM: Austin will set up a Doodle poll for sniff test review with ArB and Bob.
  • Woody joins
    • PI# 1049, Harmonization of Health Quality Artifact Reasoning and Expression Logic
      • Clarification sought on conceptual model of requirements for such a logic harmonization as well as logical. Harmonizing between HeD and HQMF is the attempt notes Keith. Austin asks about Arden and Gello as considerations in harmonization among expression languages. ITS is not called out as cosponsor yet an ITS is described in scope. Bryn notes this more a reverse engineering of existing standards and the work was already done in HeD and HQMF. The logical viewpoint would recast existing HeD and HQMF datatypes in a consistent manner. Componentization in HQMF will be more extensive work but HeD has this component-ized. Lorraine adds the logical models need to be addressed from the appropriate product family using existing conceptual models. HeD has been harmonized to HL7 Datatypes notes Bryn. KenK notes the information model harmonization effort is separate and is sponsored by CQI. Keith notes that it's difficult to set up the project in waterfall format with three separate deliverables over time. Austin's concern is for development of another UML logical model and yet another XML ITS. Feik thinks we're taking two things and making one, a superset of two existing things. Austin asks if it will be V3 RIM based like HQMF or will that be abandoned? Keith notes that HeD has found expression logic as well as information modeling tied up in the RIM. There is some behavioral aspects to the RIM. Woody agrees that there are elements of logic and behavior in the RIM. Keith notes they use a subset of the Clinical Statement model but may want to expand on that to financial and administrative statements beyond clinical. They are seeking to decouple reasoning from the expression on which the reasoning is formed, notes Bryn. Austin would like the scope to reflect why the existing expression models are insufficient. Keith notes that we don't have documented functional requirements for what expression logic needs to do in the context of CDS. Paul asks if the completion of the first phase will clarify what is needed in the following phases; it is generally agreed. Austin suggests the scope then be limited to that first phase. HeD and HQMF are approaching different parts of the problem but both use reasoning operation - this would harmonize the way in which the reasoning is done. Neither standard would be replaced. Keith thinks the issue is confusing the creation of a new logical thing with developing a conceptual model. Keith acknowledges they need to document and show how HeD has already done the evaluation on Gello, Arden and other expression languages for suitability. Keith recaps that no one would prohibit a conceptual model from balloting in January, KenK notes that Marc Hadley is the technical lead and the various resources are all working on the same projects. KenK suggests Bryn and Marc will make the update and send back to the committee.
  • CDS projects were reviewed by Staff indicating they did not need to go back to approval. The ITS XML IG was asserted to be led by ITS not SDWG. With that change, it will need to go through a different steering division . Paul will take it to the FTSD next Tuesday.
    • PI# 1017 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2(3?) How will mid-term logical model changes be accommodated? ArB should be a cosponsor and provide consulting as those changes happen.
    • PI# 1016 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Implementation Guide, Release 1(2?) reviewed by Staff indicating they did not need to go back to approval. The ITS XML IG was asserted to be led by ITS not SDWG. With that change, it will need to go through a different steering division . Paul will take it to the FTSD next Tuesday.
    • DSS IG CDS Knowledge Artifact PSSs were not on the list. Knowledge Artifact was UV Realm DSTU. DSTU update would be appropriate and various review approaches discussed. US Realm DSTU for DSS IG to bring it as UV Realm would probably need to come back to ballot. If they do DSTU they don't need a new PSS. Logical model going from informative to DSTU needs new PSS, Paul clarifies. Don and Dave didn't think they needed a new PSS but they have submitted the PSS anyway. Change of approach to normative track reviewed - DSTU requires implementers, and normative notification now required when normative ballot is to be initiated. Austin notes Pat will have those on Friday's SSD SD call - she will need to have them cleaned up and sent to her.

Adjourned 6:03 PM


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved