20130821 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-08-21
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Hugh Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
resigned Jean Duteau x Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
x David Hay x Mark Kramer
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130814_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Brian will draft a set of skill lists for potential FMG members to be sent out to various lists.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • FGB
    • MnM – result of discussion of FTSD question: to what degree does FHIR constrain an existing datatypes 'flavor'
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Process management
    • Continued discussion on "rules" for content revision from DSTU branch
    • making these visible to participants
    • Ballot Planning
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call - Mark Kramer from Mitre joins with respect to hData
  • Agenda Check - add Mark as a new item (20 mins)
  • Minutes from 20130814_FMG_concall Lloyd moves and David seconds approval; unanimously approved.
  • Mark/David topic
    • David had reported that he'd been involved with hData and Lloyd has expressed interest in its overlap with FHIR and reasoning for differences.
    • Mark shows a PPT on hData and FHIR and discussion ensued.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Brian will draft a set of skill lists for potential FMG members to be sent out to various lists. Email from Brian and Lloyd's and John's feedback reviewed. What is the value proposition - why would someone want to join the FMG? What is the role that a member on the FMG fills? Need to add a couple of paragraphs, Point to the mission and charter, and reference in governance. Then, send to cochairs list and general FHIR list.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • David notes things are trucking along and they are at capacity.
      • Lloyd notes the attendees are allocated Saturday's lunch by their fees. Lorraine notes she will get lunch from the TSC. What are the restrictions on who can wander in and out of the room, versus those who can line up for lunch. Registration gets you a chair and entitles you to lunch. So for Brian to wander in and out rather than "sitting at the table" he could be refunded and another allocated his seat. He will check with others on the registration list that might be just "observing" and free up their seats for developers. Suggestions for future registration differing between implementers and observers discussed. This time around, wanderers don't get to sit, but next time around observers might get a seat on the periphery and lunch.
    • Lorraine adds request from TSC in process to replace Jean to suggest more than one candidate and more than one might be appointed.
    • MnM – result of discussion of FTSD question: to what degree does FHIR constrain an existing datatypes 'flavor' - they are meeting again this afternoon
    • FMG Liaisons
      • Hugh will not likely make it to Cambridge and will have to find backups to attend his sessions.
  • Process management
    • Lloyd notes there was a call yesterday with ArB which plans to review the FHIR ballot in detail. He expects we could get more comments in this ballot than in previous. Reconciliation will be massive and a challenge between ballot close and publication QA. Need robust criteria for identifying what must be fixed prior to next ballot vs. DSTU, vs. leaving unresolved with note to implementers. Discuss this next week.
  • Need to set agenda for f2f meeting at Cambridge and discussion on hData also next week.

Adjourned 2:00 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Hugh will add a couple of paragraphs to the skills list, point to the mission and charter, and reference in governance. Then, send to cochairs list and general FHIR list
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Discuss next week robust criteria for identifying what must be fixed prior to next ballot vs. DSTU, vs. leaving unresolved with note to implementers
  • Need to set agenda for f2f meeting at Cambridge and discussion on hData also next week.

20130828 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International