This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20130730 arb minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ARB - Meeting (Date in Title)

Agenda

  1. Call to order
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of Agenda and Minutes
  4. Methodology
    1. Motion from FTSD:
      1. "Motion to communicate to the Technical Steering Committee that Foundation and Technology Steering Division(FTSD) does not believe that HL7 Implementation Guide: XML Implementation for Virtual Medical Record, Release 1 should be released or balloted as a DSTU prior to necessary coordination between the proponent groups and FTSD Work Groups CGIT, ITS, MNM and Templates as well as ARB."
    2. SAIF tutorial Development
  5. Management
    1. Review to-do list
    2. Review/update Arb BAM task list
    3. Report from Architecture Project
  6. Governance
  7. Other business and planning
    1. 8/6 Develop Ballot criteria task 2623
    2. 8/13 walkthrough of FHIR ballot task 2623
    3. 8/20 Invite FHIR - FDG, FMG to review criteria task 2623
    4. 8/27 Start WGM planning
    5. 9/3 Individuals review due - send to tony to consolidate. task 2623
    6. 9/10 joint review of FHIR ballot task 2623
    7. 9/17 Finalize WGM planning
    8. 9/24 WGM
    9. 10/1 FHIR ballot Recon call task 2623
    10. 10/8 BAM methodology requirements
    11. 10/15 Equip team to finish the BAM
  8. Adjournment

Meeting Information

HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes

Location: Telcon

Date: 20130730
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern
Facilitator Parker, Ron Note taker(s) Julian, Tony
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Bond,Andy NEHTA
X Constable, Lorraine Constable Consulting Inc.
. Curry, Jane Health Information Strategies
X Dagnall, Bo HP Enterprise Services
. Hufnagel, Steve U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System
X Julian, Tony Mayo Clinic
X Lynch, Cecil Accenture
X Milosevic, Zoran Deontik Pty Ltd
X Lloyd, Patrick
X Parker, Ron CA Infoway
. Quinn, John Health Level Seven, Inc.
X Stechishin,Andy CANA Software and Service Ltd.
. Guests
X Kreisler, Austin HL7 TSC Chair
.
. Legend
X Present
. Absent
R Regrets
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Minutes

  1. Approval of Minutes and Agenda
    1. Motion to approve minutes and Agenda (Lorraine/Andy)
    2. Vote (4-0-3)
  2. "Motion to communicate to the Technical Steering Committee that Foundation and Technology Steering Division(FTSD) does not believe that HL7 Implementation Guide: XML Implementation for Virtual Medical Record, Release 1 should be released or balloted as a DSTU prior to necessary coordination between the proponent groups and FTSD Work Groups CGIT, ITS, MNM and Templates as well as ARB."
    1. Clinical Decision Support has been working with S&I Framework to do Clinical decision support. A number of projects were discussed by the workgroup which were never approved by the Structure and Semantic Design(SSD) steering division.
    2. There are five projects, only one of which was approved by HL7. There is opposition to the content since they have not worked with ITS, Templates,MnM, etc.. There will be pressure from ONC to approve. It is a clear example of why we need a product family structure that puts formal project management in place. Need to make sure all of the processes take place. Points out need for a governacne board across product families.
    3. Ron: Leaning heavily to "no, you dont get to ballot".
    4. Lorraine: There is a question about the Arb involvement.
    5. Austin: Example of why we need the three pieces of a product family.
    6. Ron:External organizations need to respect our processes.
    7. Patrick: Will complain of lack of resilence of the organization, when in fact they are going around the process issues.
    8. Ron: They will continue to abuse process issues because they know they can. We need to do the due diligence as a standards development organization. The Credibility and due diligence are part of what they expect. There is a failure on our part to detect this early.
    9. Lorraine: ITS has asked them to be involved.
    10. Ron: We need to stand firm on this.
    11. Austin: Will need sufficient support on Monday's TSC call.'
    12. Ron: If they are tied to a deadline, shucks - that happens. ONC S&I need to be careful to give responsibility to the correct group.
    13. Austin: Second track, entire US project line, is to standup a project to do that. Then HL7 can coordinate. There will be feedback from affiliates, since we dont have a US affiliate?
    14. Ron: ONC should help contribute to the project management. What ArB perspecitive would be of value?
    15. Lorraine: SAIF- content perspective, as well as management and Governance.
    16. Austin: What essential elements of SAIF and business model can we apply, to potentially get this back on track for an out-of-cycle ballot. This will give Templates and ITS a chance to have input, and allow CDS to align to other standards in this space.
    17. Cecil: Poster child for traceability across the standards. Model is scoped down version of the RIM, data is not coupled to model, and none of it is sufficiently detailed. It is a disservice to ram it through.
    18. Ron: DSTU would fail.
    19. Cecil: Does not help ONC when we vote it down.
    20. Ron: Worse risk to smack it down, than to ask for a Plan B.
    21. Austin: Will try to organize a call this week.
    22. Ron: Need to form an ArB perspective as a group, and provide feedback to TSC.
  3. Saif Tutorial Development
    1. Patrick: Education is swamped, and has been unable to look at the offerings not on the current curriculum. Free IP means we have to focus on revenue from the tutorials. Patrick will bring back to education in the parking lot.
    2. Ron: If I decide to record with reasonable quality that would help?
    3. Patrick:We have done that with the V2 tutorials, and interested parties should contact Sharon Chaplock at HL7 HQ.
    4. Lorraine: There was guidance on paperwork needed for the tutorial.
    5. Patrick: Needs tutorial specification. If we do the tutorial, we need the specifications of what we provide these days when we do a tutorial to make sure information is complete, and infrastructure is in place.
    6. Lorraine: There is guidance on achieving the goals.
    7. Ron: Lorraine if you can do the paperwork.
  4. to-dos
    1. Items were updated as discussed.
  5. Bam Task List
    1. Update sent to Ron. Bo has not finished phase 1 as an activity diagram
  6. Report from Architecture Project
    1. Austin: Need single Governance Board spanning product families. May need specialized governance on a given product family. We need to break down the silos.
    2. Ron: Need to find appropriate representation on the Governance Board.
    3. Austin: Told HL7 Board that SAIF is still important.
    4. Patrick: Behavior model has not been affected by FHIR.
    5. Ron: Do we need to present to the HL7 Board on the BAM.
    6. Austin: Yes. I discussed lack of strategic support for rolling out SAIF and the BAM.
    7. Lorraine: Visibility: When we are doing SAIF related we need to make visible.
    8. Austin: If we bake SAIF into our process it will become less relevant to wave the flag.
    9. Zoran: We have standardized SAIF in Austrailia.It is Standards Australia, Health Informatics group IT14-09. The name of the framework is called eHealth Interoperability Framework
      1. Zoran was the lead on "eHealth Architecture Principles" and "eHealth Interoperability Framework", both of which rely on SAIF.
      2. see also www.e-health.standards.org.au
  7. Other business and planning
    1. Ron will be gone next two weeks
    2. 8/6 Quality check for glossary
    3. 8/6 Develop Ballot criteria task 2623
    4. 8/13 walkthrough of FHIR ballot task 2623
    5. 8/20 Invite FHIR - FDG, FMG to review criteria task 2623
    6. 8/27 Start WGM planning
    7. 9/3 Individuals review due - send to tony to consolidate. task 2623
    8. 9/10 joint review of FHIR ballot task 2623
    9. 9/17 Finalize WGM planning
    10. 9/24 WGM
    11. 10/1 FHIR ballot Recon call task 2623
    12. 10/8 BAM methodology requirements
    13. 10/15 Equip team to finish the BAM
  8. Adjournment

--Tony Julian 22:11, 30 July 2013 (UTC)