20130717 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-07-17
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
Jean Duteau x Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
x David Hay x Shamil Nizamov (GTM) @gov.bc.ca
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130703_FMG_concall , 20130626 FMG concall
  • Notes from 20130710_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • FMG normalized concept in T3SD vs FTSD and a narrative definition clarifying scope vs. other WGs.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • FGB
      • FGB passed a motion:
        Where a resource cannot be evolved and its definition developed between WGMs and the sponsoring WG cannot make progress, then the FMG can determine the resource responsibility must be assigned to the Core Team. That assignment can be appealed to the FGB for consideration.
      • Vitality Assessment model - coming up with metrics
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning
      • FHIR resource proposals writeup status and review status
      • Ballot readiness and QA call scheduling
      • Scope boundaries discussion continued
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call 1:05 pm convened
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130703_FMG_concall , 20130626 FMG concall
  • Notes from 20130710_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • FMG normalized concept in T3SD vs FTSD and a narrative definition clarifying scope vs. other WGs. ArB received potential TSC org structure yesterday. Located from TSC minutes
      • Lorraine identified comments from ArB on simultaneous left and right side with Governance Board and Management Group with traditional SDs and WGs
      • Management of what gets done and the group that is doing it, makes the split more visible.
      • Straw man org structure ppt reviewed
      • Original action item to be struck from list
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • David reports that representatives from Devices came to do a scenario.
      • Lloyd had sent something on sponsorship of Saturday and Sunday breakfast.
    • FGB
      • FGB passed a motion:
        Where a resource cannot be evolved and its definition developed between WGMs and the sponsoring WG cannot make progress, then the FMG can determine the resource responsibility must be assigned to the Core Team. That assignment can be appealed to the FGB for consideration.
      • Lynn describes the intent of the motion and the desired action by FMG. Changes to the Patient resource discussed including Encounter to Visit and back again. There was also a demographics item addressed that FMG had sent message to PA, where a compromise was reached to adhere to FHIR principles. These minutes are more recent than that issue. Hugh is concerned that this has come to the FGB without the FMG having addressed it first. Hugh will check with Lloyd on the issue.
      • Lorraine notes this may be symptomatic of communications break with FGB.
      • Vitality Assessment model - coming up with metrics
      • Ron is not on the call
    • FMG Liaisons
      • Lorraine reports on progress with OO, draftier than she'd like. Hugh reports Pharmacy needs more work and he's been caught between client work and holiday next week.
      • Lorraine asks if there will only be one cycle to address comments for release in January? We'll be looking more at cross domain primarily to clarify scope between domains.
      • Brian notes that on Monday's QA volunteer call, Lloyd indicated the length of the DSTU was to be at least three years. Hugh notes that would be three years from the passage of the DSTU.
      • Lorraine notes that CG is starting work on resources. Concern is expressed over their anticipated publication for setting expectations. Lorraine will follow up and ensure they follow the process with a writeup for the resource proposals.
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning
      • "Resource with no name" email thread discussed. Desire is to have a framework that others can develop resources within that won't clash with others.
      • David recounts his need for "notification" that would have used this "other" resource.
      • David suggests we add it to the ballot for comment only to obtain feedback on its use.
      • Since we're not quorate, the expression of this direction setting should go back to Lloyd to proceed.
      • FHIR resource proposals writeup status and review status - what is the status? didn't have quorum last week either.
      • ImagingStudy_FHIR_Resource_Proposal reviewed. Hugh comments that the example scenarios looks like a storyboard where a list of scenarios was expected. Lack of related resources, e.g. Order, Picture is noted from Lorraine. David would also like to see the relationship between the ImagingStudy and the Picture resource or Order resource detailed in the scope. Brian can add them afterwards.
      • Questionnaire also reviewed. Lorraine notes that O&O is not familiar with it though it's temporarily owned by Core Team. Overlap with other resources such as family history reviewed. Out of a questionnaire could come the information for other resources such as family history, notes David. How do you link between the questionnaire that created the data and the result of it? David will update the issue.

Hugh gone for three weeks
Adjourned 1:59 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items



Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International