This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20130625 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2013-06-25
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
x John Quinn x Grahame Grieve
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20130612 FGB concall, review notes of 20130619 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Ron to pitch this Vitality Assessment model to the FMG and talk with them about coming up with metrics
  • Grahame will bring a draft approach to policy assertion from the FGB on the approach to extensions and discoverability
  • Review FGB_Resource_Contribution_policy_draft policy statements, complete draft and approve
  • FMG update -
    • FMG as WG recommendation.
  • Methodology update- Ron to build a guide for developing governance precepts for FGB and TRAC
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.


Minutes

Convened at 8:05 AM

  • Reviewed notes of 20130619 FGB concall
  • Reviewed minutes of 20130612 FGB concall, Woody was present; Lynn will correct - no significant developments as the conference call service became unavailable
  • Approve minutes of 20130522 FGB concall, Ewout moves and Woody seconds, unanimously approved
  • Action Item review:
    • Ron to pitch this Vitality Assessment model to the FMG and talk with them about coming up with metrics - outstanding
  • Grahame will bring a draft approach to policy assertion from the FGB on the approach to extensions and discoverability; still needs to be addressed but has been overwhelmed by ballot currently. He has need of a user resource but not for the ballot, but for the connectathon; would have to use as an example of an extension. Ron notes he has a use case also for mobile apps and PHR both clinician and patient user. Grahame suggests Ron get involved in the work on Security.
  • Review FGB_Resource_Contribution_policy_draft policy statements, complete draft and approve
    • Grahame reports on a contribution that resurfaced last week with Gil as compared to Jean's allergy work. Austin reports that Jean is the modeling facilitator for Patient Care and was 'wearing that hat' for the work. What is a contribution as compared to just working with HL7?
    • Contributions into SVN by members having access draws a line, notes Ewout. Grahame notes that Lloyd gives SVN access to requesters with the understanding that it can be revoked.
    • Need to require them to do a resource proposal, which is evaluated by the FMG.
    • Need to be responsive and adaptive, notes Ron, but need to get something out there and make it visible.
    • Establishing a registry of extensions needed.
    • while FGB is assembling procedure/policy suggest FMG only grant SVN access to those with a formal role within HL7 and continue discussion with FMG on process. Lynn will draft a statement for review. Ewout asks if we assess the logins already in place - corollary question to FMG.
    • Ron and Lynn will parse through the list and expand on a bullet list to discuss next week.
  • FMG update -
    • FMG as WG recommendation.
    • Austin describes rationale for T3SD placement as FMG shares elements with Publishing as a management group that coordinates the production and ballot/reconciliation of 2.x. Ron notes that the Aha moment was around the quality assessment structures in the organization.
    • Woody asks about the quality assurance; Austin asserts Publishing 2.x and v3 publishing each have quality measures applied that would be similar to FMG. Woody notes some elements were migrated from MnM once rules were established and Publishing enforces. Austin recounts the division of management from governance and methodology. Methodology would remain with MnM in FTSD notes Austin.
    • Governance would eventually be its own steering division as other product families are developed where asserting cross-product consistency in deliverables Austin suggests. The Methodology would remain in FTSD, and Management in T3SD. FHIR core team may change over time; makes it suitable to remain a project structure under MnM.
    • Grahame notes that FHIR's Implementation focus would equate to a structure where RIMBAA was positioned as the management of V3
    • Persistence model of the asset fits well with the T3SD notes Ron. Once DSTU is out there and a baseline is established the principals may not be as closely involved once the process is in place for ongoing work. How do we know the project is done asks Ron? Woody relates it to the RIM project which doesn't end. Maintenance responsibilities don't end; harmonization is not run as a project. Austin suggests this may also be a 'program'.
    • Cyclical nature, need for refresh acknowledged with need for responsibility for persistence of the asset notes Ron. FMG wished a distinct mechanism for ballot reconciliation and engagement with the asset. Austin notes it's not about finding a 'home' for the core team. Ron was concerned about adding another layer, but the V2.x publishing concept is so similar and makes a well-understood precedent. Core team can then operate as a project under a program perspective. Normalization of the structure into a pattern recognizable by the organization is an important objective.
    • Lloyd had asked Ron to write some things down to set it concretely. ACTION ITEM: Ron would like to summarize for review with this group and bring to FMG on their next call. (Weds 1 PM new FMG schedule is conflict for Austin).
  • Methodology update- Ron to build a guide for developing governance precepts for FGB and TRAC - walk through the TRAC presentation next week.
  • Next call - precepts presentation, policy assertion
    • Ewout reports a discussion with Lloyd on PA change prior to Cambridge. Big changes are typically discussed in WGM but not all participating on interim calls. Discussion for next week: Can major changes be established outside of WGMs.
    • Grahame reports that Chuck Jaffe said John Halamka will keynote the plenary and intends to address FHIR. John reports that he's addressed the federal standards committee already.
    • hData issues discussed, and relationship with SOA and HSSP. Plan a lunch with Enterprise architect perspective and invite key participants

Adjourned 9:11 AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Ron to pitch this Vitality Assessment model to the FMG and talk with them about coming up with metrics
  • Grahame will bring a draft approach to policy assertion from the FGB on the approach to extensions and discoverability
  • Ron and Lynn will review FGB_Resource_Contribution_policy_draft policy statements and draft bullets
  • Lynn will draft a statement for review that while FGB is assembling procedure/policy suggest FMG only grant SVN access to those with a formal role within HL7 and continue discussion with FMG on process
  • Ron would like to summarize the FMG as WG recommendation for review with this group and bring to FMG on their next call
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

presentation - guide for developing governance precepts for FGB and TRAC


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.