20130610 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-06-10
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s):
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs regrets Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio regrets Ron Parker, FGB Chair x John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
regrets Lorraine Constable x John Moehrke Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Jean Duteau x Brian Pech x Austin Kreisler
regrets David Hay
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130603_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Help page (stack overflow support, etc) - (David not on the call)
      • Hugh will capture draft list of scenarios they didn't get to this time, e.g. lab documents and prescriptions, retrieving a list of patients, choosing one, and then viewing a set of records for the patient. (Hugh not on the call)
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call - Jean will join shortly, Lloyd must leave at the :45
  • Agenda Check; Lloyd needs to add a PA item discussion.
  • Minutes from 20130603_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Help page (stack overflow support, etc) - (David not on the call)
      • Hugh will capture draft list of scenarios they didn't get to this time, e.g. lab documents and prescriptions, retrieving a list of patients, choosing one, and then viewing a set of records for the patient. (Hugh not on the call)
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) Brian has no report
      • Lloyd reports they have sponsorships for connectathon Saturday breakfast and lunch, and Sunday breakfast.
    • FGB did not meet
    • MnM – not quorate
    • FMG Liaisons – everyone should have informed their groups about the July 8 deadline
  • PA Issue
    • feedback on PA resources' use of demographics' structure in Patient, Patient Contact, and Practitioner, and Related Person. Introduction of data elements not in 80% for all examples. E.g contact DOB, language. Low participation on their calls brings reluctance to make changes. John M asks about the 80%. There is no person resource any more. Tracking marital status of a practitioner does not make sense, for example.
    • Challenges to PA when they have come up to speed so quickly is to be avoided; however later changes would result in ballot fatigue or incomplete specs. What should be done to resolve issues prior to ballot?
    • Lack of stakeholders on the PA calls is of concern, though they are making quorum. John Q asks if the WGH metrics are misaligned here. If they're meeting and doing work, and making decisions what's the problem? We're asking them to revisit a decision made earlier with fewer people than were involved in the original decision. Austin suggests you make the request and you accept the level of participation that actually occurs.
    • Brian recounts an issue with folks that only participate at the WGMs making a change that didn't sit with those that participate regularly between WGMs.
    • Recommend a well-publicized agenda, with note that if FHIR can't ballot without Patient and so it needs to be reviewed. Need to Request justification of the 80% in light of the FHIR principles based on results of QA.
    • Jean notes that if they don't decide to change, do you ballot it anyway? FMG needs to exert its influence to need documentation of the 80%.
    • John notes the Person/Practitioner separation may be unnecessary complexity.
    • Lloyd verifies consensus and will send out the inquiry to Grahame and will follow up with request to PA. He will send it to FMG list.
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning
      • FHIR resource proposals writeup status and review status
      • John reviewed his assigned primary review items. He has questions; should there be a space for open questions or discussion on the review template? Lloyd suggests creating an "issues" section at the bottom.

Adjourned 1:41 PM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd will send out the inquiry to Grahame and will follow up with request to PA. He will send it to FMG list.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International