20130515 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2013-05-15
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler Ewout Kramer
John Quinn x Grahame Grieve
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20130510_FGB_WGM_meeting, 20130507 FGB WGM meeting
  • Action Item review:
    • Someone from FMG/FGB needs to cover with Education concalls (Ron and/or David)
    • Ron to pitch this Vitality Assessment model to the FMG and talk with them about coming up with metrics
    • Grahame will bring a draft approach to policy assertion from the FGB on the approach to extensions and discoverability.
    • finish Risk assessment on upcoming concall when Ron has had time to update
    • FGB/FMG membership appointments need to be reviewed as they cycle - (appointed 7/16/2012).
    • Establish policy and process of incorporation of donated resources by external entities, acknowledgements and so on.
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • HL7/IHE/DICOM coordination (John)
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Education
      • Need a work plan that is coordinated with HL7 Education Director
    2. Conformity Assessment
    3. Appeal Process / Escalation
      • What is the appeal process for resources not chosen for inclusion in the ballot?
      • What is the appeal / escalation process for Management decisions?
      • What is the appeal / escalation process for Governance decisions?Responsibilities for resources (education, conformity process, appeal process)


Minutes

Convened at 4:16 PM

  • Roll call - quorum reached
  • Agenda Review - Woody notes that they need to inform MnM that this call is now in the same time slot. Remove IHE/DICOM coordination for now. David Hay is working with Education on those elements so remove that from standing agenda.
  • Action Item review:
    • Someone from FMG/FGB needs to cover with Education concalls (Ron and/or David) - this will be David
    • Ron to pitch this Vitality Assessment model to the FMG and talk with them about coming up with metrics - FMG had a good call on Monday and assigned resources for definition but did not address metrics; will bring up in two weeks.
    • Grahame will bring a draft approach to policy assertion from the FGB on the approach to extensions and discoverability. No progress.
    • finish Risk assessment on upcoming concall when Ron has had time to update; Ron plans to update risks document and match to mitigations already in place on Friday
    • FGB/FMG membership appointments need to be reviewed as they cycle - (appointed 7/16/2012). Initial appointments didn't specify who will have the short term.
      • Need to talk about how we're going to refresh the group.
      • Get the core assets up and going with DSTU and then evaluate based on our stakeholder community. Woody notes that you need breadth of domain coverage in FMG but FGB needs to understand how the organization works.
      • Quorum problems were to be resolved by e-voting rather than adding members to FGB.
      • FGB meeting again for Sunday lunch in September; worked very well in May.
    • Establish policy and process of incorporation of donated resources by external entities, acknowledgements and so on.
      • We want to make this explicit. More work is needed on development of the policy. Need both informational guidance on the web site for potential donors, as well as an SOU template for execution of such a donation. How similar is this to the donation of FHIR to HL7? Woody thinks we need to define role of participants in our FHIR open source specification. Need a contribution agreement draft that can be "no holds barred". Grahame feels that we want different levels of encumbrances to be appropriate for policy and management going forward with the scope of the contribution. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will pull whatever references are in the minutes to a wiki page and send the link for elaboration.
  • Approval of minutes
    • 20130510_FGB_WGM_meeting Woody moves and Grahame seconds approval; unanimously approved.
    • 20130507 FGB WGM meeting Ron notes there were operational metrics identified in this meeting that should be followed up on with FMG to trigger vitality assessment. Grahame moves and Woody seconds approval; unanimously approved.
  • Methodology update- No immediate concerns on methodology; but that decisions are being made without clear record of documenting them. They need to gain a level of comfort with how that's progressing.

Adjourned 4:41 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lynn will pull whatever references are in the minutes on policy and process of incorporation of donated resources to a wiki page and send the link for elaboration.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.