20130510 FGB WGM meeting

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB and FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: Georgia 8

Date: 2013-05-10
Time:: Q1 9:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): TBD
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Chair/CTO Members Members
X Ron Parker X George (Woody) Beeler, FGB X Ewout Kramer, FGB
X Hugh Glover, FMG X Lorraine Constable, FMG X John Moehrke, FMG
X Lloyd McKenzie, FMG Jean Duteau, FMG X Brian Pech, FMG
John Quinn, CTO X Grahame Grieve, FGB X David Hay, FGB
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
regrets Lynn Laakso

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • discuss education plan with FGB and FMG
  • Where we're at for ballot
  • Plans for next WGM
  • FHIR WG
  • Risks


Minutes

Convened at 9:07am


Education Plan

  • David should have draft in the next week or so
    • Ambassador training - what is it, why do you care
    • Training on how to track what's going on, not just "current state" of technology
    • DSTU may provide more stability for training
  • Moved to Stack Overflow for implementation support
  • Need to maintain a FAQ (review once/month)
  • Connectathon will be published as a tutorial w/ $50 charge
  • Will be using the "Common uses" page to drive connectathon scenarios

Ballot state

  • Some WGs will need to accelerate, but all think they can make mid-July target for "ready for implementation"
    • Means adaptation of process for some
    • Will need careful monitoring
    • Need to avoid revisiting topics

QA

  • Starting in mid-July
  • Soliciting old and new participants
  • Vocabulary QA starts in 2 weeks
  • Create views of the spec to support QA

Next WGM

  • Authorization to meet Monday morning (FMG) - don't advertise this
  • Need to finalize schedule - liaisons to identify desired meeting slots
  • Will keep Sunday lunch for FGB

FHIR WG

  • Not sure exactly what the scope of the WG should be - needs will evolve over time
  • Will re-evaluate in time (after DSTU?)
  • Need clearer lines between methodology vs. execution, as well as how MnM fits into all product line methodologies
  • Need to show "best practice" governance while still managing efficiency/effectiveness
  • Challenge with readiness of WGs preparing content
  • Need to exercise the escalation process
    • Use DICOM resource?

Specification

  • Will need to revamp display to deal with "long" list
  • May revamp categorizations while we're at it - need to better expose categories
  • Need to clarify how Order/OrderResponse fit into different architectures (probably not appropriate to SOA)

Risks

  • Reviewed Ron's spreadsheet


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board
Back to [[FHIR Management Group}}

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.