20130325 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-03-25
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Hugh Note taker(s):
Quorum = chair + 4 yes
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio x Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
Jean Duteau x Brian Pech x Austin Kreisler
x David Hay
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130318_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Ron (Sasha) will have translated EHR-sfm profile as connectathon use case
      • Ron to address concept of FHIR WG with FGB.
      • Lloyd will pass to Grahame the request to update the Automated QA steps section of FHIR QA Guidelines.
      • Lloyd will draft a straw-man proposal for the process as a starting point for WG's having responsibility for content development for DSTU for levels of completeness to identifying progress towards readiness of resources, e.g., PSS approved, SVN, vocab defined, etc.
      • Lloyd asks Austin/Lynn to bring up feedback on patient search/lookup for a more general participation at the FGB call. David to forward the email request to Lynn for reference
      • Hugh will take a first pass at cross references on quality metrics column headings with detail on their meaning for others' review
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • FGB
      • Risk Assessment process, document, and spreadsheet - Ron to walk the FMG through this model at the next call and gather their thoughts, mitigations, triggers, metrics.
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Precepts
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call - call to order 1:04 PM
  • Agenda Check - Lloyd has a QA strategy to review
  • Minutes from 20130318_FMG_concall Lloyd moves and Lorraine seconds approval of the minutes. Unanimously approved.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Ron (Sasha) will have translated EHR-sfm profile as connectathon use case - he talked to Sasha, and they looked at the profiles; nothing there really to provide for the connectathon. Their information modeling exercise would be useful but not ready for creating use cases. Completed.
      • Ron to address concept of FHIR WG with FGB. Topic was raised, discussed pros and cons and mechanisms of ballot resolution. Woody pushed back and no further discussion last week due to lack of quorum. Will discuss again this week. Lloyd notes that clear designations of who is responsible for what makes sense in the long term. Core team and ballot resolution separation of concerns does not remain the same.
      • Lloyd will pass to Grahame the request to update the Automated QA steps section of FHIR QA Guidelines. Lloyd continues to poke at Grahame.
      • Lloyd will draft a straw-man proposal for the process as a starting point for WG's having responsibility for content development for DSTU for levels of completeness to identifying progress towards readiness of resources, e.g., PSS approved, SVN, vocab defined, etc. He has the checklist for QA Strategy
      • Lloyd asks Austin/Lynn to bring up feedback on patient search/lookup for a more general participation at the FGB call. FGB call did not have quorum to discuss scenarios for connectathon. Ron reports that John had discussed ONC's interest in FHIR is query capability. Utility of FHIR to do that around CDA packaging of information. Discussion of ONC pressure on FHIR
      • Hugh will take a first pass at cross references on quality metrics column headings with detail on their meaning for others' review - no progress.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) message sent to list and implementers' skype chat. Received replies mostly from those already having indicated attendance. He has not done more work on the scenarios since. Hugh asks what the relative level of interest is. There are not as many new people as last time. Hugh reports that FHIR UK meeting floated the idea of a UK or EU connectathon which generated interest. David reports IHIC AUS also may have a venue of interest.
    • FGB – no quorum last week. Ron reports
      • Risk Assessment process, document, and spreadsheet - Ron to walk the FMG through this model at the next call and gather their thoughts, mitigations, triggers, metrics. Are the risks complete, what are the mitigations, are they periodic, trigger-based, etc for executing mitigations. Austin notes that some risks are manifest now and are considered 'issues'. Consider in two weeks. Proposes 1 PM Tuesday
    • MnM – not quorate so no report
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Process management
    • Lloyd reviewed FHIR_QA_Approach. Recruiting methods for volunteers from the HL7 community to perform QA discussed with target review prior to the WGM. QA needs to start by April 15th for two weeks. Some training or orientation to reviewers will be needed. Need to schedule a call other than Monday next week. Need wiki set of topics and QA points for each reviewer. Lloyd will send out a call for reviewers to all related lists. FMG members need to review the list and offer comments before the orientation call next week.
      • Gauging interest from ONC discussed. If a reviewer emerges their interest is welcomed.
      • John M suggests you include a 'bucket' on examples.
      • QA in July in readiness for DSTU will be similar
  • AOB (Any Other Business)
    • Ron, and Lynn not available next week. Lloyd unavailable Tuesday 1 PM. Brian can do Thursday - Lynn send out a Doodle poll with time zones from Hugh.

Adjourned 2:00 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International