20130318 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-03-18
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio regrets Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable regrets John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
regrets Jean Duteau x Brian Pech x Austin Kreisler
x David Hay
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130311_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Ron (Sasha) will have translated EHR-sfm profile as connectathon use case
        • Lloyd, Sasha and I have discussed possible EHRS FM profiles suitable for FHIR, however none of them have an explicit use case built around them, and the number of questions to be answered in order to make them useful to you are possibly many. So, from a use case perspective, not so strong as we might hope. Possibly we could isolate a few small patterns as described by EHRS FM, but even then we’d have to mine the information representations needed to develop a resource. Not sure there is a lot of value add. I have Sasha pursing the chairs to see what the state of the EHRS FM information modeling exercise is. Perhaps that will help.
      • Ron to address concept of FHIR WG with FGB.
      • David will develop some scenarios about patient search/lookup for a more general participation on the wiki for next week, and will notify the FHIR list for feedback
      • Liaisons to send DSTU status checklist to their groups.
      • Lloyd will pass to Grahame the request to update the Automated QA steps section of FHIR QA Guidelines.
      • FMG to create language for the ballot community what changes they can expect to see during the DSTU period. (Lloyd) - see FHIR DSTU Expectations, linked from FHIR Development Process
      • Lloyd will draft a straw-man proposal for the process as a starting point for WG's having responsibility for content development for DSTU for levels of completeness to identifying progress towards readiness of resources, e.g., PSS approved, SVN, vocab defined, etc.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • FGB
      • Risk Assessment process, document, and spreadsheet - Ron to walk the FMG through this model at the next call and gather their thoughts, mitigations, triggers, metrics.
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Precepts
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Agenda Check - Hugh will describe a meeting in the UK; Brian noted that Ron was going to have a webinar on FHIR and CIMI and wondered if Lloyd had the dates. Lloyd will check. Brian mvoes and Hugh seconds approval of agenda; unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20130311_FMG_concall Lorraine moves and David seconds approval; Hugh abstains. Passes 3/0/1
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Ron (Sasha) will have translated EHR-sfm profile as connectathon use case
        • Lloyd, Sasha and I have discussed possible EHRS FM profiles suitable for FHIR, however none of them have an explicit use case built around them, and the number of questions to be answered in order to make them useful to you are possibly many. So, from a use case perspective, not so strong as we might hope. Possibly we could isolate a few small patterns as described by EHRS FM, but even then we’d have to mine the information representations needed to develop a resource. Not sure there is a lot of value add. I have Sasha pursing the chairs to see what the state of the EHRS FM information modeling exercise is. Perhaps that will help.
      • Ron to address concept of FHIR WG with FGB.
      • David will develop some scenarios about patient search/lookup for a more general participation on the wiki for next week, and will notify the FHIR list for feedback; David hasn't had any feedback. ACTION ITEM: Lloyd asks Austin/Lynn to bring this up at the FGB call. David to forward the email request to Lynn for reference.
      • Liaisons to send DSTU status checklist to their groups. Drop this, as it's been done now.
      • Lloyd will pass to Grahame the request to update the Automated QA steps section of FHIR QA Guidelines. He's been poked.
      • FMG to create language for the ballot community what changes they can expect to see during the DSTU period. (Lloyd) - see FHIR DSTU Expectations, linked from FHIR Development Process. Ballot includes this material now, drop action item.
      • Lloyd will draft a straw-man proposal for the process as a starting point for WG's having responsibility for content development for DSTU for levels of completeness to identifying progress towards readiness of resources, e.g., PSS approved, SVN, vocab defined, etc. No progress this week.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) David's been soliciting participation and will send another email to the list.
    • FGB
      • Risk Assessment process, document, and spreadsheet - Ron to walk the FMG through this model at the next call and gather their thoughts, mitigations, triggers, metrics.
    • lost David
    • MnM – Lloyd was not on last week's call. Brian noted that Woody talked about harmonization. There are about 100 ballot items remaining, including some clinical problem issues needing Patient Care SME attention. Austin recommends you declare them as action items to satisfy the GOM requirements. FGB did not agree with the FMG recommendation of a FHIR WG to steward. MnM may not be the right place for a definitive answer on these, either.
    • David back
    • FMG Liaisons – Hugh reports he talked to PA about quality metrics. They'd like to see cross references on column headings with detail on their meaning. ACTION ITEM: Hugh will take a first pass for others' review. He also talked Pharmacy through the metrics briefly.
      • Lorraine reports OO reviewed it and gave feedback. They started a draft of a resource proposal. There were naming changes that surprised them. She needs to be aware of tooling requirements also as the liaison.
      • FM reaction to Lloyd indicated that their awareness of participation was limited.
  • Hugh reports on presentation in UK at their Technical Committee meeting in addition to Ewout presenting. They had good vendor participation. NHS looking at it and HL7 UK looking to develop the NHS requirements as an instance. He'd like to have Ewout or Lloyd participate in those discussions.
    • Lloyd presenting to Rx and FDA group on emerging technologies tomorrow. David is doing something similar.
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning - not sure how much more we can do today as FMG.
  • Adjourned 1:38 PM EDT

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd asks Austin/Lynn to bring this up at the FGB call. David to forward the email request to Lynn for reference
  • Hugh will take a first pass at cross references on column headings with detail on their meaning for others' review
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International