20130206 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 489-406-709

Date: 2013-02-06
Time: 5:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler regrets Ewout Kramer
x John Quinn x Grahame Grieve
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20130130 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Follow up next week on Ron to speak with PIC regarding “help wanted” wiki development.
    • Grahame will have patent position for next week's review.
    • Check on Grahame's description next week of the nature of relationship with IHE and what to accomplish needs a couple paragraphs from Grahame to go to Chuck Jaffe.
    • Ron will bring IHE and DICOM agreements (separate things) up on the Friday call to see where John is at in addressing this with Chuck.
    • Ron to collaborate with Grahame on risk assertions for FHIR and draft precepts; check back next week.
  • FMG update -
    • Hugh will draft process/procedure to accept connectathon comments
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • HL7/IHE/DICOM coordination (John)
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Education
      • Need a work plan that is coordinated with HL7 Education Director
    2. Conformity Assessment
    3. Appeal Process / Escalation
      • What is the appeal process for resources not chosen for inclusion in the ballot?
      • What is the appeal / escalation process for Management decisions?
      • What is the appeal / escalation process for Governance decisions?Responsibilities for resources (education, conformity process, appeal process)


Minutes

Convened at 5:10 PM

  • Roll call - Ewout sends regrets
  • Agenda Review - Ron has provided draft risk assertions
  • Approve minutes of 20130130 FGB concall; Woody moves and Grahame seconds; unanimously approved.
  • Action Item review:
    • Follow up next week on Ron to speak with PIC regarding “help wanted” wiki development. No action this week.
    • Grahame will have patent position for next week's review. No update this week; defer to next week. Need an instance of a broader position that is FHIR-specific.
    • Check on Grahame's description next week of the nature of relationship with IHE and what to accomplish needs a couple paragraphs from Grahame to go to Chuck Jaffe.
    • Ron will bring IHE and DICOM agreements (separate things) up on the Friday call to see where John is at in addressing this with Chuck.
      • Ron proposed on Friday was to queue up these two items with Chuck and ensure we have HL7 counterparts. Keith might be the right person for IHE. John may need to be reminded. Need to remind Chuck we intend to proceed and then draft for him some guidance for his endorsement. Use current representation in II for DICOM interaction.
    • Ron to collaborate with Grahame on risk assertions for FHIR and draft precepts; check back next week.
  • FMG update -
    • Hugh will draft process/procedure to accept connectathon comments
  • Methodology update- Woody has no update.
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
    • Also provided organizational risks document
    • Discussion ensued to confirm Ron's understanding and plans to work further on the document with Grahame.
    • John joins
    • M03, adoptability, extensibility, composability additions.
    • M04 Grahame notes FGB is there to help maintain respect for HL7 with FHIR without external forking.
    • M05 will self resolve as time goes on so not much mitigation is needed. Austin notes that in the V3 publishing space we've activated some of this. John recounts queries on HL7 support of web services (CAQH). Lacking a use case from ONC, FHIR is a great alternative. Grahame notes that there is a portion of the public health segment that wants to use FHIR for BlueButton.
  • Ron on vacation next week. Woody, Grahame, and John are available.
  • Ron asks if we can put this out on the listserv - no objections noted. He'd like to time-box this for a couple more weeks and then float it out to the broader community.
  • Woody asks to review and insert Grahame's list.

Adjourned 6:03 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.