20130130 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 489-406-709

Date: 2013-01-30
Time: 5:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
John Quinn x Grahame Grieve
observers/guests x Lynn Laakso, scribe
Brian Pech

Agenda

  • Roll call - call to order 5:16 PM
  • Approve minutes of 20130109 FGB concall notes and 20130115_FGB_WGM_minutes Grahame moves and Ewout seconds approval
  • Action Item review:
    • Ron to speak with PIC regarding “help wanted” wiki development.
    • From WGM discussion of disclaimer: GG to provide statement of what is required from a patent position and edit disclaimer.
    • FGB must ensure this agreement with IHE is formally established.
  • FMG update -
    • Directions/support for FMG
    • Procedural issues not consistent with GOM should be addressed and resolved on acceptance of ballot items from connectathon.
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • HL7/IHE/DICOM coordination (John)
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Education
      • Need a work plan that is coordinated with HL7 Education Director
    2. Conformity Assessment
    3. Appeal Process / Escalation
      • What is the appeal process for resources not chosen for inclusion in the ballot?
      • What is the appeal / escalation process for Management decisions?
      • What is the appeal / escalation process for Governance decisions?Responsibilities for resources (education, conformity process, appeal process)


Minutes

  • Roll call - - call to order 5:16 PM
  • Approve minutes of 20130109 FGB concall notes and 20130115_FGB_WGM_minutes Grahame moves and Ewout seconds approval; unanimously approved
  • Action Item review:
    • Ron to speak with PIC regarding “help wanted” wiki development. Follow up next week.
    • From WGM discussion of disclaimer: GG to provide statement of what is required from a patent position and edit disclaimer. No action from Grahame - add disclaimer to FMG call; Grahame will have patent position for next week's review.
    • FGB must ensure this agreement with IHE is formally established. Nature of relationship and what to accomplish needs a couple paragraphs from Grahame to go to Chuck Jaffe. We should address the concept with Chuck to ensure he's comfortable with the approach, then with the joint working group to formulate the agreement, and formalize through HQ and ORC. Ron will bring this up on the Friday call to see where John is at in addressing this with Chuck. Check on Grahame's description next week.
    • Ron suggests adding action item to collaborate with Grahame on risk assertions for FHIR and draft precepts; check back next week.
    • Grahame notes he's been head-down adding the changes identified to the FHIR server.
  • FMG update -
    • Procedural issues not consistent with GOM should be addressed and resolved on acceptance of ballot items from connectathon.
      • Do we pursue change to GOM, or not accept comments/change suggestions from connectathon. Not an issue for comment only but for DSTU ballot would be an issue. If connectathon comment can only be captured in next cycle ballot comments it would lose timeliness.
      • Transparency and visibility of items arising from connectathon is of concern, especially compelling insight and issues learned from actual implementation. Ron would pitch this as multipart conversation and the connectathon manager must proxy the comments and act as contact point. The connectathon occurs after the ballot has closed, however and that is the part that would require GOM change. Substantive change occurs in the connectathon, with some of the largest issues addressed in that venue. What does it mean to the ballot participants if major changes occur after ballot close? DSTU obligations are minimal in terms of substantive change as was discussed by Austin at the WGM.
      • Need FMG to recommend a methodology to address this, endorsed by the FGB, advanced to the TSC, and resulting in discussion with GOC around impacts and potential changes.
  • HL7/IHE/DICOM coordination (John)
    • DICOM governance contact was discussed by Grahame. DICOM has embraced a backwards compatible but hopelessly difficult approach.
    • Probably need to go ahead and do the work and then let them react. They've done resources with imaging study, in XDS. Need a way to deal with images directly as a picture resource.
    • IHE and DICOM agreements must remain separate things. Ron will discuss with John on Friday.
    • Woody notes that ISO is not involved in this discussion.
  • Woody arrives
  • Methodology update-
    • Woody reports on Methodology, having had discussions in Phoenix and making some advances based on requests from the FHIR team.
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Education - what direction do we give to the FMG?
      • Ewout asks about FMG starting plans for next connectathon and are there parameters we need to assert to them? We don't know what they are yet.
      • Need a work plan that is coordinated with HL7 Education Director
    2. Conformity Assessment - need to be able to assert our understanding of what that is, moving past hackathons into the DSTU.
    3. Appeal Process / Escalation - need to establish with guidance for the next ballot.
    4. Grahame adds an item from Lloyd on reviewing mechanism for approving proposed resources, which doesn't match what has emerged as prototyping the resource. Need framework and timeframe around that issue.
  • Ron asks if we have a connectathon in May will we have any kind of ballot for May? Grahame notes an informal review with feedback from connectathon can be considered for the September ballot.

Adjourned 5:59 PM EST


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Follow up next week on Ron to speak with PIC regarding “help wanted” wiki development.
  • Add disclaimer discussion to FMG call; Grahame will have patent position for next week's review.
  • Check on Grahame's description next week of the nature of relationship with IHE and what to accomplish needs a couple paragraphs from Grahame to go to Chuck Jaffe.
  • Ron will bring IHE and DICOM agreements (separate things) up on the Friday call to see where John is at in addressing this with Chuck.
  • Ron to collaborate with Grahame on risk assertions for FHIR and draft precepts; check back next week.
  • Need FMG to recommend a methodology to address acceptance of ballot comments from connectathon, endorsed by the FGB, advanced to the TSC, and resulting in discussion with GOC around impacts and potential changes.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.