This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2013-05-30 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

Standing Conference Calls

The Tooling WG will hold a Conference Call at 2 PM Eastern time, each Thursday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at Telecon_Agendas.

Conference Call: Uses HL7 Conference Call Service
Dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 586935#
GoToMeeting at 482-299-629
HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#

Date: 2013-05-30
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: <Chair of Meeting> Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Dennis Cheung, co-chair, eHealth Ontario
regrets Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Brian Pech
x Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
John Ritter, EHR
Rik Smithies, CS liaison
Rob Snelick, CGIT liaison
x Helen Stevens
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-05-23 Tooling Call
  • Review action items -
    • #2445 Woody to write an article about 64 bit OS for RMIM designer
    • #2503 Jane and Lynn need to get feedback from Tooling and the Board on the policy implications for the Tooling Strategy. Meeting being scheduled to discuss with Board members.
    • #2506 Coordinate interaction with Vocabulary WG on UCPRS project (Andy)
    • #2510 Andy to develop a project scope statement to further flesh out the ontology work
    • #2511 Michael will create a first draft product matrix reflecting changes based on the product strategy.
    • #2512 Lynn will follow up with John Quinn on EHR-S FM project extension approval supported by Tooling and outstanding approval by John Quinn - waiting for updated contract from William.
    • #2513 Tooling to develop a template for what a tooling requirements report needs to contain. Assigned to Michael for now
    • #2514 Michael will create a PSS for the UML Tooling BoF. Initial draft has not yet been circulated to the list.
    • #2515 Woody agrees to produce the scope to hack some transforms that will combine data from combined MIF files, and the message reference file that is generated as part of the ballot, to create submission content to HingX using the HingX API. In such a way that it gets the base definitional elements of the ballot and a summary of high level vocabulary dependencies and Concept domain dependencies.
    • #2520 Josh to Update the EA license management process document.
    • Develop Tooling update Article for newsletter on a bi-monthly basis (every other month) like the interim release of PBS Metrics. Woody needs some help getting it written
    • Tooling Challenge:
      • Need to clarify anticipated questions for the webinar, format of entry, use of toolingchallenge list.
      • Need to set the timing and presenters etc for the presentation of the award winner at the plenary.
      • Sent email to all participants to inform them they should be subscribed to the toolingchallenge list as questions and answers should be directed there. Interest poll for webinar yielded only two respondents (both interested).

Discussion topics:

  • Other/New Business



Supporting Documents


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Convened 2:06 PM

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - defer EHR-S FM artifact review to next week when Dennis can chair; Helen asks for notification when this is on the agenda. Andy will be updating documentation and a new release in GForge. Agenda approved by general consent
    • Helen leaves the call.
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-05-23 Tooling Call Woody moves with a correction that next steps would be 2.2.1 not 2.27. Dennis seconds with changes. Jeff abstains, passes 4/0/1
  • Review action items -
    • #2445 Woody to write an article about 64 bit OS for RMIM designer; content on the wiki but not an article yet.
    • #2503 Jane and Lynn need to get feedback from Tooling and the Board on the policy implications for the Tooling Strategy. Meeting not yet scheduled to discuss with Board members.
    • #2506 Coordinate interaction with Vocabulary WG on UCPRS project (Andy); needs to get in touch with their new liaison. He seeks the new liaison to work directly with Jeff.
    • #2510 Andy to develop a project scope statement to further flesh out the ontology work; first draft almost complete and will send to Rik for review.
    • #2511 Michael will create a first draft product matrix reflecting changes based on the product strategy.
    • #2512 Lynn will follow up with John Quinn on EHR-S FM project extension approval supported by Tooling and outstanding approval by John Quinn - waiting for updated contract from William.
    • #2513 Tooling to develop a template for what a tooling requirements report needs to contain. Assigned to Michael for now
    • #2514 Michael will create a PSS for the UML Tooling BoF. Initial draft has not yet been circulated to the list.
    • #2515 Woody agrees to produce the scope to hack some transforms that will combine data from combined MIF files, and the message reference file that is generated as part of the ballot, to create submission content to HingX using the HingX API. In such a way that it gets the base definitional elements of the ballot and a summary of high level vocabulary dependencies and Concept domain dependencies. Still on his list.
      • #2520 Josh to Update the EA license management process document. We were to discuss this week but Josh is not available. Josh drafted a de facto licensing process. Tooling members please review for discussion
    • Develop Tooling update Article for newsletter on a bi-monthly basis (every other month) like the interim release of PBS Metrics. Woody needs some help getting it written. First article can be the challenges of the 64 bit RMIM designer.
      • Woody adds we have a lot of software that's very old, using an old technology base. People need to be aware as vendors chip away at the foundation.
      • Can also talk about new development. Might also talk about frailty of artifacts moving between RSA and EA.
    • Tooling Challenge:
      • Need to clarify anticipated questions for the format of entry, use of toolingchallenge list.
      • Need to set the timing and presenters etc for the presentation of the award winner at the plenary.
      • Sent email to all participants to inform them they should be subscribed to the toolingchallenge list as questions and answers should be directed there. Interest poll for webinar yielded only two respondents (both interested). Suggest holding a GTM and call Monday at 4 PM.

Discussion topics:

  • Motion: Woody moves to have Tooling Work Group formally adopt the MIF 2.1.7 and MIF 2.2.1 releases.
    • From email:
      1. Complete specifications of MIF 2.1.7 and MIF 2.2.1 have been re-posted with a "Proposed" status on Gforge at: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/mif-schemas/frs/
      2. Transforms to Convert "MIF" instances between the various releases are being rewritten and retested. They insert 2.1.7 between 2.1.6 and 2.2.0, and add 2.2.1 at the top. These transforms were based on the series in the Canadian Generator, but have been integrated into and will be re-published in both V3 Generator Release 3.4.10 and v3PublishingTools Release 2.1.7-3.4.10
      3. A revised, specific list of changes is [http://lists.hl7.org/read/attachment/233674/2/MifChangeSummary.txt attached as a text file
    • Discussion
      • Converted transforms from old generator to Canadian generator for all steps above 2.1.3
      • Andy would like to see two files for the changelog to attach to 2.1.7 and 2.2.1 separately for the releases.
      • Brian seconds the motion to approve
      • Wilfred asks about a 2.1.7 release on GForge - was it released? There's a multiversion release of 2.1.6/2.1.7/2.2.1. - there was not a separate release for 2.7.1. Woody updated the flag at the package level to be public.
      • There was an EPL version in the last release for that was not generated this time. Andy thinks they may have been a misconception on our part to accommodate NHS. Different from the MIF-lite, the EPL are the schemas but the change to them is not certain. ACTION ITEM: Andy and Lynn will have to ask Lloyd what the rationale is.
      • Motion unanimously approved.
  • Update on profiling tool - they have completed the first release of the tool. MAX import/export, documentation,
    • Whether or not to jump into phase 2 on agenda next week. Can import old xml format and can import/export in MAX format for EHR, manipulate the FM within EA, produce artifacts from MAX models for ballot (HTML/PDF). MIF publishing would be a natural next step.
    • Discussion for ballot reconciliation in EA
    • Still don't have a contract from William; Andy will check if he sent it to John, to pass it on to Karen.
      • Andy will send a note when the deliverables are updated/posted.
  • Tooling article topics: September newsletter ideas by tomorrow, content by June 14th.
  • Review projects (Time permitting):
    Tooling-sponsored Projects

Scribe left at 3:04 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Andy and Lynn will have to ask Lloyd what the rationale is for generating the EPL version.
  • Andy needs to provide AMS with the additional requirements identified in the profile designer project
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.