2013-01-15 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration WG Minutes - Tuesday May 15, 2013

Tuesday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 1301

Date: 2012-05-15
Time: Tuesday Q1
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Toril Reite HL7 Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Helen Drijfhout HL7 Netherlands
X Nat Wong HL7 Canada
X Barry Guinn EPIC
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • V3 FHIR Comment Ballot Reconciliation

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Comment # 149 DOB Already changed. Persuasive
  • Comment# 165 Persuasive
  • Comment# 167 Persuasive
  • Comment# 170 Persuasive
  • Comment# 171 ContactPerson relationship within the Organization resource could be an organization. Suggest rename to contact. The WG agrees with the comment but “Contact” is ambiguous with the contact data type. Persuasive with mod. The WG will discuss the name change and the impact to the constraint.

Action: Discuss name with possible alternatives of “ContactParty” and “ContactEntity”.

  • Comment# 173 Organization Resource – Person is not within the 80%. The attribute will be removed.

Action: Remove Person attribute in ContactPerson (will be renamed from item #171)

  • Comment# 174 Move type to be above address and telecom. WG agrees to move this after name, above address. Persuasive.

Action: Move “type” attribute within the Organization resource below name but above address.

  • Comment# 175 The term "issuer" is clearer. Not all issuers of accreditations will be "institutions" . Persuasive.

Action: Change “institution” in accreditation association to “issuer”.

  • Comment# 179 A portion of name using some kind of phonetic matching algorithm. Referred and tracked.

Action: Refer to Modeling and Methodology.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room #1301

Date: 2012-01-15
Time: Tuesday Q2
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Toril Reite HL7 Norway
X Helen Drifjhout HL7 Netherlands
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Nat Wong HL7 Australia
X Christian Hay HL7 GS1
X Lloyd McKenzy HL7 Canada
X Rik Smithies HL7 UK
X Virinder Batra HL7 GS1
X Terje Halvorsen HL7 Norway
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
X Richard Kavanagh HL7 UK
X Corey Spears Aetna
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Y

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • V3 FHIR Comment Ballot Reconciliation

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Lloyd began with a list of items to be discussed that came out of ballots for PA and others.
First, the naming of FHIR items resources, methods, attributes, etc. General naming rules.
Second, boundaries between resources e.g., Patient, Person, Agent
Lloyd proceeded to present draft methodology having to do with naming conventions which outlines guidelines. This will be “test driven” here so that we can measure the usability of it.
This methodology, while being summarized here, is being maintained on the wiki. The MnM WG as part of the FHIR governance is taking the stance that methodology will be defined as there are needs to be met (rather than define all possible scenarios).
The joint WG moved into addressing the list of items against the draft methodology. During discussion, it was clarified that aliases do not have to conform to these rules. Within the spreadsheets, this is a new column called “Aliases”.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room #1301

Date: 2012-01-15
Time: Tuesday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Helen Drijfhout HL7 Netherlands
X Wendy Huang HL7 Canada
X Vin Sekar Nehta
X Toril Reite HVIKT
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Richard Kavanagh HL7 UK / NHS England
X Ewout Kramer Furore
X Graham Grieve Health Intersections, Australia
X Rik Smithies HL7 UK
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Oyvind Aassve HL7 Norway
X Norman Daoust Daoust & Associates
X Nat Wong HL7 Australia
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • FHIR Discussion - Next Steps

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions.
After the introduction the WG continued with the reconciliation of the comment ballot spreadsheet with the understanding that the SubjectOfCare vs. Patient discussion which a number of comments address will be discussed later.

  • Comment# 216 MaritalStatus – Lloyd requested in person discussion.
  • Comment # 651 – Accreditation for Organization resource. The WG decided to leave this in .
  • Comment# 652 – Image. Graham will work on creation of an image resource.

Action: There will be a reference to 0..* image resource(s).

  • Comment # 565 – Person/Patient vs. (folded in) Patient – Graham began by going over some of the implementations have gone and how the separation of Person and Patient has been difficult for implementers since most implementations use one concept of patient. During FHIR connectathons they would have to query (for instance) using person attributes, then again patient registries.

The WG continued discussion. There were use cases brought up from Norway and Canada that use the Person registries. The idea was presented to take the demographics elements currently within person convert it into a data type that could be shared by provider and patient and possibly person if/when needed. This seems amenable to the PA work group.

Action: The PAWG agrees that the FHIR core team should make a person description data structure, to be used in the Patient and Provider core resources, containing all the current person attributes.

  • Comment # 565 – This has to do with the Patient vs. Person issue, however, mentions animal, another potential consideration for patient. Graham suggested that we create a data structure within Patient wherein we name the elements that identify that they are used for animals (e.g. patient.animal.species , patient.animal.breed, etc.). This prompted a discussion as to whether this is 80%. Based on some use cases from Australia and potentially the CDC, the WG decided that the attributes currently in the Animal resource will be copied in to the patient resource, with unique structures to identify their use for animal patients and designated as “must understand”. The animal resource will be removed from the specification.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room# 2761

Date: 2013-01-15
Time: Tuesday Q4
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Iryna Roy HL7 Canada
X Jane Daus McKesson
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Nat Wong HL7 Australia
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • FHIR

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Personnel Management – Consisted of 4 topics. Provider Registry, Organization Registry, Regulatory and Human Resources came from Canadian use cases. Organization and Provider went normative October 2002, for release 1 and have had efforts to go to release 2. Regulatory and Human Resources did not go normative. Wendy, representing Canada, asked if there were artifacts. Gregg Seppala (visiting from the areas) did remember that there were artifacts for this. In this case, Wendy asked that we put the projects on hold. Scheduling v3 will also be withdrawn. Action: Alex will validate that the artifacts currently in the standard will not be “lost” to the community. Gregg made clear that version 1 of the scheduling standard was not as useful as version 2 of the standard, which contains a lot of functional usage.

  • Comment # 216 Marital Status – badly handled as a single code. The discussion The WG considers this to be within the 80% of usage and therefore prefers to retain this as a core element, however, to answer the balloter’s concerns we will update the definition to clarify that this is most recent marital status. Not persuasive with mod.
  • 163 Agent (Provider) - Role repetition. This took quite a lot of discussion. Lloyd stated that this should be of cardinality of 0..1 so that it is clear that the provider is acting in a specific role, that may drive security access, system access, etc. This caused some discussions as Canada and Kaiser considers one record with multiple roles, while putting this cardinality would require one record for each role that the provider plays at a specific time (encounter related).
  • Comment # 166 – Organization – formal/informal – change of definition

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2011 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.