20121220 arb minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
ARB - Meeting (Date in Title)
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Recap of Sunday BAM meeting
- Other business and planning
- Agenda Planning: Phoenix WGM
|HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes
Time: 4:00pm U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator||Charlie Mead||Note taker(s)||Julian, Tony|
|X||Constable, Lorraine||Constable Consulting Inc.|
|X||Curry, Jane||Health Information Strategies|
|X||Dagnall, Bo||HP Enterprise Services|
|.||Grieve, Grahame||Health Intersections Pty Ltd|
|.||Hufnagel, Steve||U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System|
|X||Julian, Tony||Mayo Clinic|
|.||Loyd, Patrick||ICode Solutions|
|X||Mead, Charlie||National Cancer Institute|
|X||Milosevic, Zoran||Deontik Pty Ltd|
|R||Parker, Ron||CA Infoway|
|.||Quinn, John||Health Level Seven, Inc.|
|X||Kreisler, Austin||HL7 TSC Chair|
|X||Shakir, Abdul Malik||City of Hope National Medical Center|
|Quorum Requirements Met: Yes|
- Approval of Minutes/Agenda
- Motion to approve(Zoran/Tony)
- Vote 6-0-1
- SOA charter
- Charlie: TSC Discussion about SOA charter missing references to SAIF. TSC did not have discussion of TSC recommendation that all Mission and Charters should be cast in light of SAIF.
- Recap of BAM session on Sunday:
- Worked for 8 hours, 1 hour on call. Took six of the twelve steps modeled in EA following the BAM meta-model. Did not complete all models, just one of the six. The other five will go faster. Finished step 0, determination of a product/product line. There are two important views, semantically consistent. One is UML/Sequence diagram using actors as swimlanes. In addition, a need to have a single picture that shows all of the bits and pieces and the relationships. Includes actors, events, roles, processes as classes.
- Singleview shows the traceability to the bam meta-model. Real value was discussion, and discovery. Sent out updated BAM. In the end we want to do like the rim: Have parties, roles, relationships. There is a desire to demostrate how this works within the Governance/Management/Methodology(GMM). Added type attribute to each class: GMM. There are two dimensions to GMM- one when establishing criteria, one when practicing the methodology. Most of the raw data is more in line with practitioners, not with definition, except in methodology.
- Charlie: next steps - on Saturday in Phoenix? or before then.
- Bo: AbdulMalik and I and others had the discovery/thought process together. A modeling session on Saturday is in order. Each should read the document, and review the model.
- Charlie: Fair to ask everyone to read the documents - especially if they will attend on Saturday in Phoenix. Next steps in Phoenix.
- AbdulMalik: Between now and Phoenix will be polishing the model. The model forces rigor that the spreadsheet does not. If we contnue with the spreadsheet it will need more rigor.
- Charlie:What is it that the imput to the model will look like going forward? If a spreadsheet, will take work to formalize the spreadsheet. Or the format could be expressed in activity diagrAbdulMalik, etc.
- Austin: More people can manage the spreadsheet - just need to add rigor to the spreadsheet. Few deal with technical aspects of modeling.
- Charlie: Spreadsheet will require that someone teases out the content into the business model. Thanks to all who participated.
- Austin: So you had aha moments that will help you deal with this.
- Bo: Spent 20% of our time creating 80% of the model.
- Austin: If it was FHIR you would be done after the 80%.
- AbdulMalik: Should produce a profile for creating the one-page. Some of the sterotypes had aspects that need to be captured as tag values.
- Charlie: Maybe an intermediate between a spreadsheet and a UML model.
- Bo: Maybe next week
- Next meeting is January 3, 2013.
- Adjournment at 4:30 PM Eastern