This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20121011 arb minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ARB - Meeting (Oct 11, 2012)

logistics

Teleconferences are held on Tuesday at 4:00pm U.S. Eastern Schedules may be found at HL7.org Conference Call Center


Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

  1. Join the meeting:
  2. If you cant use voip then capture the PIN from the screen for the above action, then
  • Weekly conference call.
  • For 24/7 customer service please call (844) 844-1322.

Agenda

  1. Call to order
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of Agenda
  4. Approval of Minutes
  5. Report from Architecture Project
  6. BAM
  7. Glossary and OWL representation
  8. Intersection of CIC and ArB definition of DAM
  9. How to approach the SAIF Based FHIR IG?
  10. Product line references: (See October 4 agenda for references.
  • Comments from Jane
    • The SEI definition: A software product line (SPL) is a set of software-intensive systems that share a common, managed set of features satisfying the specific needs of a particular market segment or mission and that are developed from a common set of core assets in a prescribed way.
    • A standards product line is a set of specifications that share a common, managed set of capabilities satisfying the specified needs of a particular market segment and that are developed from a common set of core resources in a prescribed way.
    • the above revised definition based on the SEI definition brings together the key design elements of common needs, common market segment, common base elements and common production methods. HL7 will need to get a clear understanding of customer segmentation, probably based on objectives and technology stacks/skills in common before we can confirm product lines. The capabilities could be enabled interoperability use cases driven from functional constraints. The base elements and production methods relate to the methodologies, tools and foundation elements, including original specification versions and their design principles.
  1. Adjournment

Meeting Information

HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes

Location: Telcon

Date: 2012MMDD
Time: 4:00pm U.S. Eastern
Facilitator Charlie Mead/ Parker, Ron Note taker(s) Parker, Ron
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Bond,Andy NEHTA
X Constable, Lorraine Constable Consulting Inc.
X Curry, Jane Health Information Strategies
X Dagnall, Bo HP Enterprise Services
. Grieve, Grahame Health Intersections Pty Ltd
X Hufnagel, Steve U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System
R Julian, Tony Mayo Clinic
. Loyd, Patrick ICode Solutions
. Lynch, Cecil Accenture
X Mead, Charlie National Cancer Institute
. Milosevic, Zoran NEHTA
X Parker, Ron CA Infoway
. Quinn, John Health Level Seven, Inc.
. Guests
X Shakir, Abdul-Malik
. Legend
X Present
. Absent
R Regrets
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Minutes

  1. Call to order
    1. Called to order at 4pm Eastern
  2. Approval of Agenda and previous meeting Minutes
    1. Motion to accept (Jane/Steve)
    2. Vote 6-0-1
  3. Report from Architecture Project
    1. Comments from Lorraine
      1. HL7 Arch Program meeting once a month.
      2. SAIF Arch Program more frequently (although meetings have been cancelled recently)
      3. Topics: relationships between SAIF Arch def and SAIF IG
      4. OO Still planning to go to a for comment ballot on the ballot for Lab Orders for this cycle
      5. There is an acknowledgment of dependencies between HL7 Arch Program (with BAM) and SAIF Arch program and SAIF IG and coordination of Alpha Projects
  4. BAM
    1. Discussion led by Charlie
    2. Face to Face meeting will not happen prior to January WGM in Phoenix
    3. We had people available but we could not get enough funding to make it happen
    4. We will do this by initiating in weekly ArB calls, then doing a big push by having an inperson work session at the January WGM on Saturday and and again on Sunday (Ron to contact Lillian for a room)
    5. Charlie and Ron will determine who covers TSC
  5. Agenda next week will allow us to review minutes from Baltimore and establish a specific work plan.
  6. Glossary and OWL representation
    1. Discussion deferred as neither Zoran or Cecil present
  7. Intersection of CIC and ArB definition of DAM
    1. Charlie knows a person at NCI who is a co-chair of CIC
    2. They had some discussion about the challenges they are having in expressing their work and the subject of Domain Analysis Models came up, including the use of concept-maps and other methods:
      1. Charlie asked questions about challenges using that tooling and some of the common problems that result in blending of domain expression and instances of solutions.
      2. They are conflating a number of informations sources and types of representation.They are just doing static semantics, and sometimes at too granular a level.
    3. It appears that there may be a lot of benefit in exposing CIC to our definition of a Domain Analysis Model.
    4. Based on the work Charlie has been doing with Eric (W3C) and Lloyd on RDF representations for FHIR, that RDF may help CIC as well:
      1. RDF may help provide both better expression, levelling>
    5. Abdul-Malik observed that DAMs produced in CIC are not subsequently used in HL7 to produce specification:
      1. If they are not used by HL7, who are they actually used by and are these new customers of HL7?
      2. If not used by us, why would we even ballot is as Informative much less DSTU?
    6. ACTION: Charlie will have a 2 pronged presentation with CIC to educate on DAM definition and then on representational models to support them.
  1. How to approach the SAIF Based FHIR IG?
    1. Ron initiated this conversation as it is apparent that the implementation guide for FHIR needs to co-evolve with FHIR Governance and Management planning.
    2. Team debated pros and cons of using FHIR as an initial SAIF IG example and the consensus is that while it may be needed sooner rather than later, it should not be considered a prototype for IGs of existing products.
    3. Ron will address the initiation of a FHIR SAIF-based IG on the FHIR Governance call.
  2. Product line references: (See October 4 agenda for references.)
    1. Group discussed Jane's refinement of the SEI definition, and there was consensus it is a valid definition for HL7 that raises interesting implications for Governance and coherence of existing products. For example, under this definition it would not be enough to say that any product based on or derived from the RIM fits within one product line.
    2. ACTION: Ron agreed to forward this definition unaltered to John and Austin for discussion on the Friday call following this ArB meeting.
  3. Other business and planning
    1. Primary focus for next weeks call will be starting from the baseline of minutes from the Baltimore WGM and building an action plan for our calls between now and the next WGM.
  4. Adjournment
    1. Meeting adjourned at 5:00pm Eastern.