This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20121004 arb minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ARB - Meeting (Date in Title)

Agenda

  1. Call to order
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of Agenda
  4. Approval of Minutes
  5. Report from Architecture Project
  6. BAM F-F agenda/logistics
  7. Glossary: Need to address soon.
  8. How to approach the SAIF Based FHIR IG?
  9. Product line references:
    1. //www.sei.cmu.edu/productlines/ Product lines
    2. www.amazon.com/Software-Product-Lines-Action-Engineering/dp/3642090613/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347558636&sr=1-3&keywords=software+product+lines Software Product Lines in Action
    3. Ann: I had a look for suitable (concise, accessible, from an appropriate viewpoint) references concerning the tech-pubs angle I mentioned, but without success. The patterns involved are so similar that you can consider tech-pubs as organized into product lines in their own right – with the additional twist that where a suite of tech-pubs is documentation-of a product line, there is a need for appropriate mapping between the respective structures of the documented product line and its documentation. This is usually alignment of structure at some appropriate level of decomposition, tied to alignment of change management (modulated by the business processes for issuing the documented products and their documentation respectively).
  10. Other business and planning
  11. Adjournment

Meeting Information

HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes

Location: Telcon

Date: 20121004
Time: 4:00pm U.S. Eastern
Facilitator Charlie Mead/ Parker, Ron Note taker(s) Julian, Tony
Attendee Name Affiliation
. Bond,Andy NEHTA
. Constable, Lorraine Constable Consulting Inc.
X Curry, Jane Health Information Strategies
X Dagnall, Bo HP Enterprise Services
. Grieve, Grahame Health Intersections Pty Ltd
. Hufnagel, Steve U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System
X Julian, Tony Mayo Clinic
. Loyd, Patrick ICode Solutions
X Lynch, Cecil Accenture
X Mead, Charlie National Cancer Institute
X Milosevic, Zoran NEHTA
X Parker, Ron CA Infoway
. Quinn, John Health Level Seven, Inc.
. Guests
X Pech, Brian Kaiser Permanente
. Legend
X Present
. Absent
R Regrets
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Minutes

  1. Call to order
    1. Called to order at 4pm Eastern
  2. Approval of Agenda and previous meeting Minutes
    1. Motion to accept (Jane/Zoran)
    2. Vote 6-0-0
  3. Report from Architecture Project
  4. BAM F-F agenda/logistics
    1. Proposed for October 17-19
    2. Two full days, with half-day on last day.
    3. Abdul-Malik was pinged to determine Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. He replied that Wednesday, Thursday, Friday works well for him also.
    4. Zoran suggested a telcon at 4:00pm eastern to review.
    5. Charlie: Will discuss with John/Austin tomorrow.
  5. Glossary: Need to address soon.
    1. Zoran has completed and is available to share.
    2. Zoran: Removed entries not in the SAIF-CD,Consolidated terms, filled in new entries. Had question on templates. Noticed that description of Architecture was missing.
    3. Cecil: Stick with current template definition in the ballot, because we either do that, or create a new definition for each of the template types.
    4. Zoran will change the glossary to refer to HL7 V3 definition of a template.
    5. Jane: the quote on the screen was the original definition, which has been changed to require being a constraint on a balloted rim-derived artifact.
    6. TOny: Using HL7 V3 definition makes the glossary an IG.
    7. Ron: I agree.
    8. Charlie: A template is a constraint
    9. Cecil: A template is a generic container for artifacts.
    10. Zoran: ISO 10746-2: 2010 defines a template as the specification of the common features of a collection of <x>s in sufficient detail that an <X> can be instantiated using it.
    11. Cecil: Does it apply to a pre-existing <X>?
    12. Charlie: Yes. Does that not apply?
    13. Cecil: The statement says the recursion can start at the second X, and bind it to another collection, and start again.
    14. Zoran: X can be anything that can be combined. Templates can be combined according to ome calculus.
    15. Charlie: Since an IG can be constrained, the HL7 IG can define a constraint template.
    16. Jane: Template in the SAIF-CD was used for information framework.
    17. Cecil: We can export from OWL , but would like to keep it in OWL.
    18. Charlie: We promised the TSC with the SAIF glossary a model and roadmap forward to managed the glossaries from HL7.
    19. Jane: Next level of emphasis needs to be the one included in the ballot.
    20. Charlie: We promised to take back to the TSC after we balloted the SAIF-CD.
    21. Cecil: Will take work to convice them it is worthwhile. Putting in protege makes it JAVA-queriable. Putting in the constraings, and formal computation description logic needs to be done. We should take one concept and do the formal definition.
    22. Jane: Lets do that with template.
    23. Charlie: Should we shoot for January?
    24. Cecil: First pass should be simple. Template is too complex.
    25. Zoran: HL7 SOA ontologies is defining a service. We are aiming to do OWL representation.
    26. Cecil: If you have a model, it is a lot easier to identify the ODP to it, and convert - good starting place. Lets take that offline.
    27. Charlie: we need a concrete example at the January meeting, to help the TSC roll it forward.
  6. How to approach the SAIF Based FHIR IG?
    1. Will take up in the future.
  7. Product line references:
    1. Will take up in the future.
  8. Other business and planning
  9. Adjournment
    1. Meeting adjourned at 5:00pm Eastern.

Tony Julian 21:04, 4 October 2012 (UTC)