This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20120621 arb minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Agenda

  1. Call to order
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of Agenda
  4. 5 MinutesApproval of Minutes
  5. 20 MinutesClarify Workplan (Ron)
    1. Risk Management Project Scope Approval
    2. Risk Management Project ArB Task Assignmen
    3. HL7 Strategic Initiatives Review
    4. Refine DAM definition
    5. SAIF Glossary Finalization
    6. SAIF Wiki Update
    7. HL7 Business Architecture
    8. FHIR and Semantic Web
    9. FHIR - Services - SAIF Dynamic Model
    10. SAIF Model IG
    11. Review FHIR IG
    12. Separating Semantics from Rendering in CD
    13. Guidance / Considerations for choosing v2
    14. Maturity of HL7 and the customer base
    15. Templating as Architecture
  6. 5 MinutesApproval of DAM definition
  7. 5 Minutes Report from Architecture Program(Patrick, Lorraine)
  8. 5 MinutesFHIR governance report(Ron)
  9. 5 MinutesRisk Assessment(Jane)
  10. 10 MinutesOpen Health Tools Alpha(Jane)
  11. Other business and planning
  12. Adjournment

Meeting Information

HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes

Location: Telcon

Date: 20120621
Time: 4:00pm U.S. Eastern
Facilitator Parker, Ron Note taker(s) Julian, Tony
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Bond,Andy NEHTA
X Constable, Lorraine Constable Consulting Inc.
X Curry, Jane Health Information Strategies
. Dagnall, Bo HP Enterprise Services
. Grieve, Grahame Health Intersections Pty Ltd
X Hufnagel, Steve U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System
X Julian, Tony Mayo Clinic
X Loyd, Patrick ICode Solutions
. Lynch, Cecil Accenture
. Mead, Charlie National Cancer Institute
X Milosevic, Zoran NEHTA
. Ocasio, Wendell Agilex Technologies
X Parker, Ron CA Infoway
. Quinn, John Health Level Seven, Inc.
. Guests
X Ballinger, Jay Unk
X Kreisler, Austin SAIC - Science Applications International Corp
. Legend
. Present
. Absent
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

arb Ron, Tony, Jane, Zoran, andy, lorraine, Patrick , Stephan , jay ballinger(?), Austin Kreisler Regrets from Cecil and Charlie arb Ron, Tony, Jane, Zoran, andy, lorraine, Patrick , Stephan , jay ballinger(?), Austin Kreisler Regrets from Cecil and Charlie

Minutes

  1. Call to order
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of Agenda
  4. 5 MinutesApproval of Minutes
    1. Motion Steve/Jane
    2. Vote
  5. Leadership: Austin and John have asked ArB
    1. HL7 Business Architecture Model (Below). We will include notions of product lines as well as the separation of governance, management, and methodology.
    2. We need current state assessment
    3. Can derive some from GOM
    4. HDF is an input
    5. Frieda Hall is a contact point.
      1. Steve: IG or Architecture?
      2. Ron: Document the state, and how the activity should produce normative and informative specifications
      3. Steve: Daunting task. Need a staff person to review and Critique
      4. Ron: ArB to lead - using good architectural templates, but task other people. Needs PSS.
      5. Steve: Need help from HL7 Staff.
      6. Ron: Challenge to determine what is today, then plan for future.
      7. Lorraine: For sources of material, look at the tuesday afternoon session.
      8. Jane: Falls out of risk assessment.
  6. 20 MinutesClarify Workplan (Ron)
    1. Work plan discussion
      1. Ron: What is missing?
      2. Ron: Order seen is the sequencing proposed.
    2. Risk Management Project Scope Approval DONE!
    3. Risk Management Project ArB Task Assignment
      1. Jane: Interdependencies - Strategic initiatives(SI) should be first task. THen group activity to consider what factors/events would put achievement of the SI at risk. Discussion of risk factors should be a group effort. DAM definition is close.
      2. Jane: Two week discussion.
      3. Ron: Hope to finish DAM this week.
    4. HL7 Strategic Initiatives Review
      1. Ron: Second Item on the list - Challenge to the group - can we cover in one week? I dont think so - should be partial content over two meetings.(June 28-July 5)
    5. Refine DAM definition
    6. SAIF Glossary Finalization
      1. Cecil was generating, but we dont have closure.
      2. Zoran: Cecil sent it to me in protege - I can close by July 5, 2012. I need to claify - he is using the DSTU.
      3. Ron: The January DSTU is the final. We need to get closure. I will keep on list, plan for finishing July 12.
    7. SAIF Wiki Update
      1. Tony will update and circulate for review.
    8. HL7 Business Architecture
      1. Ron: What are the expectations?
      2. Austin: I will discuss with John tomorrow.
      3. Ron: We need to discuss how to get this done.
      4. Austin: I dont see how it can be accomplished this summer.
      5. Ron:Present the plan at the September WGM.
      6. Austin: I should know by tomorrow afternoon.
      7. Ron: Getting agreement on the current state is problematic.
      8. Austin: Not sure we can document the current, need to go forward. We could spend forever.
      9. Intent is to put together a notional target state, from which we will work backwards on.
      10. Austin: I will talk with John tomorrow, about heading down that path, which is better.
      11. Ron: Assuming the target is aligned with the risk assessment and SAIF, and concept of product lines.
    9. FHIR and Semantic Web
      1. Ron:On FHIR in general there is a lot of opportunity from an architectural perspective how the product evolves - into January WGM. Our opportunity to shape this. Semantic web is one of the things. Need a conversation about FHIR and Architecture - into fall meeting as a theme. Need a wellformed discussion
      2. Jane: We have an interdependency and the tooling strategy - tooling architecture has an overlap.
      3. Ron: Needs to be an consideration.
      4. Jane: Have ArB interested in tooling strategy, not as a co-sponsor.
    10. FHIR - Services - SAIF Dynamic Model
      1. Ron: Presented to Canada Steering Committee. We state in the description of FHIR that the focus in on the generation of resources, without the current dynamic model. Seems like further out activity. ArB needs to weigh in on this. Position I took is that having the resources generated in the REST paradigm, it does not solve the complex orchestration between systems.
      2. Jane: May fall out of risk assessment. May need joint meeting in Baltimore. Requirements to have conversation with SOA and MnM at a minimum to validate.
    11. SAIF Model IG
      1. Ron: We need to frame the pattern of the IG - make assertions about what the IG needs to look like. Need discussion on the nature. We need to shape an opinion.
      2. Jane: It does have an implication in considering the relationship between governance, methodology and management.
      3. Ron: JIT for the WGM.
    12. Review FHIR IG
    13. Separating Semantics from Rendering in CDA-R3
      1. Ron: Suggestion from Lloyd. Sounds like low priority, to allow someone to assert which we can review.
      2. Austin: Going to ballot for Baltimore. People can vote on which way to go.
      3. Ron: Track and deal with post WGM. Will require comment from ArB prior to the WGM. Discuss on August 30 call.
    14. Guidance / Considerations for choosing v2-v3-FHIR
      1. Ron: Next WGM, or before?
      2. Jane: Interdependencies we will need to work throught. Probabilities high to have implications in the Business architecture. Will be further along based on OO work.
    15. Maturity of HL7 and the customer base
      1. Ron: Andy/Zoran - we have not discussed, but is relevant to other conversations.
      2. Andy: We were going to show the work we have done in Austrialia, we will send to list
      3. Ron: Cover on July 5 or 12 call.
      4. Jane: Implications on other work.
    16. Templating as Architecture
      1. Ron: For last week of August - not urgent, but is material.
  7. 5 MinutesApproval of DAM definition
    1. Lorraine: THere was a document sent around - Charlies document had both perspectives.
    2. Zoran: I agree with Jane's comments - roles are part of static as well an dynamic. Sent e-mail agreeing with Jane's Comments.
    3. Jane: I need clarification on the degree to which the enhancement Charlie sent out should be part of the definition. I believe it should.
    4. Ron: We can incorporate that. Pending Jane and Zoran's comments, I will task Charlie to update. I will touch with Charlie, and put back on agenda for next week.
  8. 5 Minutes Report from Architecture Program(Patrick, Lorraine)
    1. Patrick: AP met two weeks ago -
      1. ArB risk Assessment was discussed
      2. Re-write of PSS to be reflective of the program as it is now. Read the minutes from the program for detail.
      3. Getting more in-depth valuable perspectives. More people are paying attention, and getting involved.
  9. 5 MinutesFHIR governance report(Ron)
    1. Ron: A draft document on mission/charter for the FHIR management group and FHIR governance board, will review by TSC next monday. Would like to bring forward TSC documents to ArB.
    2. Austin: I am concerned that Ron and Charlie lead the charge- the taskforce is still muddling governance, management and methodology. I would not expect most of the TSC to understand the nuances. Look to Ron and Charlie to shape the charge. It is an education process.
    3. Ron: Only way for people to understand is to work through the process.
    4. Austin: Good governance, management and methodology discussion.
    5. Ron: Jane, risk assessment will define the boundaries.
    6. Jane: RASC chart makes them pop out.
  10. 5 MinutesRisk Assessment(Jane)
  11. 10 MinutesOpen Health Tools Alpha(Jane)
    1. Jane: HL7 participation in Health exchange will be presented to steering division, to be presened to TSC, and signature by Chuck Jaffee. I am writing best practices. Tool is open to public, not much security on participation, but security on resources. If interested HINGX.org is the URL. Your are welcome to play around.
  12. Other business and planning
    1. Lorraine: Have day-job conflict next week.
  13. Adjournment
    1. Adjourned at 5:02 pm Eastern.