This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2012-08-02 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2012-08-02
Time: 10:00 am EDT
Facilitator: Jane Curry Note taker(s): Andy Stechishin
Attendee Name, Affiliation
× Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
× Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
× Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
× Jane Curry, Co-Chair
× Tim Ireland, Co-chair
× Lenel James
regrets Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
× Abdul-Malik Shakir, Shakir Consulting
Lloyd McKenzie, HL7 Canada/GPi
× Brian Pech
John Ritter, EHR
× Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, HL7 PC and RIMBAA liaison
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll all and agenda
    • Add topic to discuss Third co-chair position (currently held by Tim), time permitting.
  • Minutes from July 26
    • Motion: Approve minutes as posted (Josh/Woody) - unanimous
  • Action Items:
    • Woody:
      • Conferred with Lloyd, will work from Canadian generator version
      • RSXML Text: Charlie McCay will contribute the source but wishes to ensure that he is not responsible for validity of results. Woody has begun to work with code and wishes to limit the currently supported processors to Xerces (currently also does Relax, Schematron)
    • Josh: pilot of Tooling documentation,
      • Josh sent document to list prior to call. Josh had some difficulty in finding documentation both on Tools & Resources and Tooling Workgroup page on hl7.org. Josh also had difficulty with lack of explanation of terms (modelling, message development framework, etc.). Josh recommends building documentation that starts with the final product and works backwards. Josh detailed his recommendations
  • Project Review:
    • Grahame Grieve completed approach for a Tooling Strategy (PI# 801) and presented to board
    • PI# 905 Brian Pech will report to V2 Publishing on approval of this project by TSC, Andy and Brian will work on next phase putting together requirements and work estimates
    • PI# 742 Abdul-Malik provided report on MAX call from yesterday. He would be sending a note to Tooling, CIC and UML Modelling lists once the budget was clarified next week. AMS has begun constructing the conceptual model.
  • New business:
    • New project PI# 843 is a tool being provided to HL7. Because of the widespread and varied user community for this tool the 'intuitiveness' of the GForge interface for the reporting of bugs was a concern. The suggestion was that perhaps using a mailing list (or mail address) for general issues, bugs and enhancements that could then be transcribed into GForge. HL7 members could use GForge directly. The Tool will be distributed via the HL7 store.
    • Education WG is looking for a tool for tracking tool for course, this does not currently come under Tooling's responsibilities
  • Adjourned 10:59 am Eastern.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Time permitting review updates to Tools & Resources


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.