This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2012-03-01 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2012-03-01
Time: 10:00 am EDT
Facilitator: Andy Stechishin Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Jane Curry, Co-Chair
x Hugh Glover
Tim Ireland, Co-chair
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Abdul-Malik Shakir, AMS Consulting
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - no changes identified to agenda
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2012-02-23 Tooling Call; Lynn moves approval, Josh seconds. Unanimously approved
  • Review action items -
    • Andy has no update on the Tools and Resources page
    • Jane's updates on 1992 and 19976 and 2097, last discussed last year pending higher order approval for her to take on the Communication Plan as part of proposed Tooling Budget for this year. There is another proposal that MAX and EHR FM Profile designer become funded projects.
      Andy asks if we should create outreach coordination action items for the projects. Jane agrees.
  • Woody has not yet updated the documents for task 1998.
  • Josh has nothing new on 2003, hoping to get to it later in March. Jane asks if he has time tracking available for what he's devoted to the project so far, which he does. Jane asks if Lynn has similar tracking - she does not but will begin. Discussion ensued on the requests and forms of time reporting.
  • Update on HL7 Tooling Challenge (see last discussion from 2012-02-09 Tooling Call
    • The challenge solution has been identified, the URL provided to John and Karen. Jane is taking on a new approach to the Tooling budgeting in an iterative fashion. John and Woody have agreed on the project and needs to be forwarded to the sponsor and determine the communication of the challenge. Expected actions after sponsor review of the recommendation are for Jane and John to do an article for the May newsletter or an electronic newsletter as well as an announcement to the announcements list (broader than the Tooling WG list). Jane intends to do a task list for the project.
    • Return to discussion next week for update
  • Review projects:
    • Project milestone dates updated
    • PI# 804 GForge alternative assessment
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision
    • PI# 803 Tooling DashBoard - have we received direction from the TSC on what they want to see? The TSC is not aligning their Strategic Initiative Dashboard with the Tooling Dashboard. Josh notes that ES discussed some dashboard projects in terms of what can be devised to represent multiple project dashboards with one tool. Andy has a page that looks at some things but no further updates have been made. Josh will bring this up on the next ES call.
    • PI# 802 Tooling Communication Plan and Execution
    • PI# 752 Publish CDA IGs from Tooling (Tooling co-sponsor) Publishing submitting PDFs has been acceptable due to higher priorities coming into the Publishing work flow like DAM modeling, same for project 665. Trifolia tool is more based on a CDA IG template. Jane asks Andy what which tools and preferred format from which a set of requirements can be developed that Tooling can work with. Andy says they have a presentation format with concern for how people are reviewing. As SDWG liaison he has heard concern if having these tools allow the ability to transfer information between tools is a high priority. They want to accelerate that ability to move forward. Jane notes concern with MAX having requirements documented for model information transfer but Structured Documents does not. Template interchange format is also part of the Templates WG effort. Jane wants to know if the template project will be satisfactory for SDWG or will they have requirements for a templates design tool. Need to follow up with Structured Docs for May WGM to see if they're satisfied.
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models - no word from AMS on Stacy's availability
    • PI# 690 HL7 Static Model Designer Enhancement 1 - closed and 3-yr project opened PI# 873 for phase II. First step is to obtain an engagement with an Eclipse senior architect. Need to arrange a virtual meeting to identify background on project engagement. Andy notes harmonization is March 13 to 15th. ACTION ITEM: Jane will send a Doodle poll to find a time slot the week of March 19th.
    • PI# 665 MIF based Publishing Phase II; Andy has some documentation left to do.
    • PI# 611 Template Registry Pilot (Tooling co-sponsor) - ACTION ITEM: Jane will check with Templates to evaluate closure. Jane would like to keep Templates involved with the OHT HEART project; ACTION ITEM: Jane will draft a Tooling Project to represent HL7 participation in HEART for review and testing. HL7 is a formal, early adopter for the registry/repository with anticipated testing starting in November 2012 but will need to participate in reviewing requirements prior to that. Jane encourages folks to go to OHT's CollabNet and see what's there.


Adjourned 11:03 AM EST


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Jane to create outreach coordination action items for the MAX and EHR FM Profile designer funded projects.
  • Lynn will start time tracking for Tooling support
  • Jane will send a Doodle poll to find a time slot the week of March 19th for virtual meeting to identify background on project engagement for Eclipse senior architect
  • Jane will check with Templates to evaluate closure of project 611.
  • Jane will draft a Tooling Project to represent HL7 participation in HEART for review and testing.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Review current state of Tooling development requests for Board funding
  • Andy won't be available
  • 2012-03-08 Tooling Call.


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.