20110608 SAIF AP ConCall
SAIF Architecture Program – 2011-06-08 Meeting
- Dates: Weekly on Wednesdays
- Time: 10:00 - 11:00 Eastern
- Phone Number: +1 (770) 657 9270
- Participant Passcode: 124466
- Web Coordinates: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/768017802 Meeting ID: 768-017-802
- Role Call
- Agenda Review
- Rick to present a summary of Marc Koehn’s SAIF Pilot project report
- Governance Discussion
- Recurring Agenda Items
- Tooling/Enterprise Architecture Update (Jane Curry)
- Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
- Any new Coordination items? (Team)
- Action item review (see below)
- Next steps
Action Items to Review
1865: Determine what steps needs to be completed to acquire the EA software<br\> Jane, is this complete? What is the next step?<br\> Today's Update: <br\> Jane gathered TSC approval for the proposed process.<br\> Joshua Carmody (HQ Staff) owns the key management duties.<br\> Breifly summarizing some of the tasks in the process:<br\> A project scope statement is required.<br\> Request a key from Josh<br\> A permanent key will be provided to the appropriate people.<br\> OO Example: OO co-chair sends an email of the name of the project, names and emails for the people that need a permanent key.<br\> For now, it will reside in Tooling, in GForge, with other Tooling document. It may be a cochair resource.<br\> Lorraine: As part of the OO work, she started a document of how to get EA for a project. This document may also need to reside with Tooling project documents<br\> <br\> 1868: Determine how to actually get the EA Software to the modelers. <br\> Dave has Patrick as the owner. Is this correct or should it be Jane based on her work with Sparx?<br\> Today's Update: This can be closed. The process is documented in the EA Process document (tracker 1865)<br\> <br\> 1894: Team to review the SAIF and Sound White paper <br\> Last update: From 2011-05-11 meeting: Perhaps defer publication of this until the SAIF Artifacts definition has been completed (targeted for May), since the Artifacts are referenced in the White Paper.<br\> Jane: What is the status of the SAIF Artifacts Definition?<br\> Today's Update: New target completion date: September, 2011.<br\> <br\> 1914: Talk to publishing regarding a quality dashboard visible for the balloted item - Austin/Gregg<br\> Gregg: What is the status? Raised on the May 6 Publishing Call<br\> Today's Update: Issues were raised in the Publishing call, but not addressed. Continued work with between Publishing TSC is needed.<br\> <br\> 1944: Should a SAIF Governance document be created via the SAIF Pilot Coordination Project? <br\> While detailing out the SAIF Coordination project schedule, Rick and Dave wanted the team to discuss if we need to create a new project or GForge tracker item to create a SAIF Governance document. If so, what should the document create?<br\> Team: Thoughts?<br\> Today's Update: No update
X=Present on Call
|Facilitator||Austin Kreisler||Note taker(s)||David Hamill|
|Austin Kreisler||TSC Chair|
|Brian Pech||Interested Participant|
|X||David Hamill||HL7 HQ / Program Manager|
|Ed Tripp||Domain Experts SD \ TSC|
|X||Gregg Seppala||Product Quality Plan Project|
|Jim McClay||Emergency Care|
|John Moehrke||Security Cookbook|
|John Quinn||HL7 CTO|
|X||Lloyd McKenzie||MnM Work Group / SAIF Implementation Guide Pjt|
|X||Lorraine Constable||Composite Order Pjt \ OO Behavioral Framework Pjt|
|Patrick Loyd||OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt|
|X||Rick Haddorff||Project Services WG / SAIF Pilot Coordination Pjt|
|Robert Lario||Object Management|
|Steve Hufnagel||ArB / SAIF Book Project / SOA|
|X||Wendy Huang||Implementation Conformance WG|
|Gary Dickinson||EHR WG|
|Pat Van Dyke||EHR WG|
|Quorum Requirements Met: Yes|
Summary of Marc Koehn’s SAIF Pilot project report
- Rick reviewed the EA_IPClosureReport created by Marc Koehn.
- Dave will add the link to this document on the SAIF AP Wiki page
- The document discusses the process used during the alpha projects. The team documented findings and conclusions.
- This document may help our team determine what to focus on.
- The document referenced the OO Composite Order project as the project to expand on SAIF work.
- Lorraine added that MnM’s work on Artifact Definition also is expanding on SAIF work.
OO Composite Order Project Update (Lorriane)
- OO did complete the PSS work on the three projects:
- Lab order; composite order, behavioral framework
- OO approved the PSS’s in Orlando.
- Within the projects, OO has created a draft of the next level Conceptual Model
- Project conference calls will begin around June 22nd.
- The initial focus will be to work on the modeling pieces
- Jane expressed concern that the OO projects have to focus on the non-SAIF work, and that it may be difficult to progress in a timely manner by adding SAIF work on top of the non-SAIF work.
- Rick indicated that the SAIF Pilot Coordination could assist by offloading some of the SAIF work that OO would need to do.
- Jane: The Quality PSS helped identify risks that lie ahead for SAIF AP work.
- Gregg: The Strategic Initiatives document should focus on the risks that SAIF is encountering and trying to resolve.
- Jane: Perhaps we should take a look at the emerging Strategic Initiatives for next year and comment on them in regards to the risks the SAIF work is encountering. Utlimately, the future Strategic Initiatives may drive SAIF governance.
- Suggested Process: Take the Strategic Initiatives document and identify which points in the process that we need to have oversight and what type of oversight and where does that oversight come from.
SAIF Pilot Coordination Project
- Dave and Rick will be meeting on Thursday, June 9, 2011 to work on the additional coordination items.
Gforge Accounts can be requested via: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/account/?action=UserAdd
Adjourned 11:02 AM Eastern Time
New Action Items
Jane – Send Dave the URL to the EA process document - DONE
Jane - Communicate the EA Process Document to cochairs via email
Jane – Request to Mike Kingery to put the EA Process Document on the co-chair page.
Lorraine – Add this as ES WG agenda item (that Tooling has this EA Process Document for the cochair area on the website)
Dave – Add a link to the SAIF AP Wiki to the EA Process document
Dave – Add the following URL to the SAIF AP Wiki:
Dave – Ask Patrick where he’s at getting SD approval on the 3 OO PSS’s
Dave – Talk to Karen to find out if the SAIF AP can review the draft 2012 Strategic Initiatives document for purposes of creating governance. The document is dated May 1, 2011.