- 1 Education Welcome
- 2 Education Documents
- 3 Education Teleconference Meetings
- 4 Education Advisory Council
- 5 The FHIR Experience – An Immersive Hands-On Training Program - September 2018 WGM
- 6 Working Practices
- 7 Resources for Educators and Training Content Developers
- 8 Education Certification Test Resources
- 9 Education Initiatives
- 10 Education Delivery Methods
- 11 Education Committee Projects
The HL7 Education Workgroup is responsible for ensuring the quality and availability of education and learning deliverables provided by HL7 and about HL7, internationally, and to nurture a community of HL7 educators to enable this.
Education Teleconference Meetings
We will be meeting Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 4 pm Eastern and every other Wednesday until our next Work Group Meeting in January, 2018. We are now using the Free Conference Call application.
Online Meeting Link: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/education70 Online Meeting ID: education70
The toll free dial in number for the United States is: (605) 475-4072 Access Code: 321601
For international toll free numbers, please go to https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/education70#international
All active participants and other interested individuals are invited to join us for this call.
Education Advisory Council
- The EAC minutes are also posted on Education meeting minutes on HL7.org.
The FHIR Experience – An Immersive Hands-On Training Program - September 2018 WGM
This is a two-day, hands-on FHIR training program being offered at the September 2018 WGM on Wednesday October 3rd and Thursday October 4th. It is designed to
- empower students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to implement HL7 FHIR applications
- make informed decisions about FHIR technology, and
- prepare for the FHIR Proficiency Certification Exam.
Theoretical material is blended with hands-on activities so that students are able to apply what they learn throughout the two-day experience.
The first day is devoted to evaluating and applying the base FHIR standards through hands-on interaction with FHIR servers. Base standards topics include: FHIR Resources, RESTFUL API , transactions, operations, messages, documents, services, batch, bulk transfer, storage, Conformance and Terminology.
The second day focuses on reviewing and utilizing the FHIR implementation guides. Students will gain insight and hands-on experience with the US Core (Argonaut) and Provider Directory Implementation Guides.
The program culminates with a summative review of the two-day training through interactive preparation for the FHIR Proficiency Exam.
The Tutorial will Benefit:
- Anyone interested in connecting his or her system/app to FHIR- or Argonaut- enabled EHRs or systems or who is implementing FHIR technology.
Upon Completion of This Tutorial, Students Will Be Able To:
- Explain FHIR fundamental concepts
- Implement API calls using Postman and FHIR server sandboxes.
- Describe FHIR Implementation Guides and Profiles
- Recall the required competencies and structure of the FHIR Proficiency certification exam
- Identify gaps in FHIR proficiency by completing practice exam questions
- Participants in this program should either first take the Introduction to FHIR course or, at a minimum, review HL7 FHIR summaries in the FHIR specifications.
Resources for Educators and Training Content Developers
- File:HL7 Tutorial Specification V1 2.docx
- Training for Educators
Education Certification Test Resources
Certification Test Question Template: http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=File:HL7CertificationTestTemplate.docx
- Standards Training for Implementation Career Advancement Matrix
- Strategic Plan
- Education Survey
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Educational Offerings Wishlist
- HL7 Education Offering Dashboard
- Member Advantage Webinars