V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20150609

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Return to Publishing Committee

Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

Schedule

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 -- 1:00 PM Eastern

Logistics

Publishing Conference Call -

GoToMeeting ID: 586-537-261

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896

Agenda

  1. Regrets
  2. Roll call and agenda -
  3. Approve Minutes of previous meeting February 20, March 20, March 27, April 10, and April 24
  4. WGM recap
  5. Submission of CDA IG Content as HTML
  6. Announcements
  7. Around the Table
  8. Future Business

Minutes

  1. Roll call and agenda - Andy (chair), Lynn (scribe), Brian Pech and Austin Kreisler
  2. Submission CDA IG content as HTML
    • further discussion ensued as to matching submitted HTML to existing HTML on the publishing site. We can accept content and generate HTML from the submission. Reviewing submitted HTML might require manual review and significant personnel investment. It might need to be submitted up to two months in advance of other content deadlines. May need to hire someone for HL7 to review the HTML, or NHSN pay for someone to do so.
    • They currently submit an html archive in the zip file; would that be acceptable? EA files are included with DAMs but they are not normative. Certainly executable items need to be put through a security risk analysis.
    • ACTION ITEM: Andy to send a note to Lantana regarding our current policy and what would be needed to address HTML submission.
  3. WGM Recap: Andy and Lynn discussed planning for the cycle; quorum was not met. FHIR publishing approach and the internal production of the html used for that material reviewed with comparison to the CDA IG generation.
    • Brian asks about feedback on the publishing risks slide deck. If we list the top 10 risks and work on mitigating some of those would that help focus effort? Austin fears that if you put it to the TSC they will immediately dive into trying to resolve issues not setting policy. Andy reports that the steering division discussed Publishing, EST and Education WGs that are responsible for strategic elements to the organization and should perhaps maintain a risk register for regular reporting. Andy suggests we create a risk register. Austin suggests we bring it to TRAC. Andy could review with the Steering Division first, next Monday the 15th before doing so. Brian suggests that reliance on individuals might be mitigated by an internal web passed publishing process in-house. Strategic planning would be needed as well as resources to execute against the plan, notes Andy. Other WGs having had strategic plans have not been able to execute them well.
    • ACTION ITEM: Andy will bring the slide deck for review on Monday’s Steering Division call.
    • Brian asks about discussion on Frank’s V2 refactoring proposal. Frank is going to bring back a revised version based on discussion at the WGM.
  4. Upcoming call schedule - alternating Tuesdays with V2 calls
    • Cochair election schedule discussed. Brian will reach out to Pete to determine his status.
  5. Adjourned 2:20 pm