V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20120224

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Return to: V3 Publishing Main Page > V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes > 2012

Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 212-860-120

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896
Date: 2012-02-24
Time: 12:00-1:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Woody Beeler (GWB) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
× George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
Pete Gilbert (PG)
× Alexander Henket (AH) E.Novation
× Austin Kreisler (AK) SAIC/CDC
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
× Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
× Brian Pech (BP) Kaiser-Permanente
× Andy Stechishin (AS) Gordon Point Informatics
Rob Savage (RS)
× Michael Tan (MT) NICTIZ
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings February 10
  3. Announcements
  4. Update on Action Items
    • AS will produce chart/model/diagram to create a visual image of the Publishing Workflow
    • AS will work with Dave Hamill to produce a Work Group specific CMET list to be used with the Publishing Request form and the Notice of Intent to Ballot form
    • GWB will follow up with Security model to determine if it can be opened and updated
    • GWB will produce CMETinfo.txt that contains Common Product Model CMETs
    • AS will create Publishing Steps Wiki page
  5. Notes from Don Lloyd
  6. Versions on artifacts
  7. Around the table
  8. Future Business
    1. Deadlines and due dates
  9. Adjourn


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda
    • Called to order 12:04 pm Eastern
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings February 10
  3. Motion: Approve as posted AS/DL unanimous
  4. Announcements
    • V2 publishing call on March 2
    • Recirculation ballot for JIC
    • NIB deadline this Sunday
  5. Assistance with PubDB Merge
    • MT overviewed process to merge in work to PubDb
    • GWB demonstrated use of PubDb manager tool
      • Following merge, need to check sort order of topics if they were changed
      • Make sure target DB does not contain any of the topics that are to be merged from the source
      • If you get 'cannot complete merge', it is asking if you would like to apply logic to merging records, the usual correct answer is yes, if it fails it *may* roll back the transaction
  6. Update on Action Items
    • AS will produce chart/model/diagram to create a visual image of the Publishing Workflow - no update
    • AS will work with Dave Hamill to produce a Work Group specific CMET list to be used with the Publishing Request form and the Notice of Intent to Ballot form
      • Workgroup specific lists sent to co-chairs for each WG
      • Some CMET were uncertain as to work group responsibility. This list was sent for verification to various CMET *experts*. AK suggesting verifying in the COCT PubDB used by the normative edition. AK also stated that the SpatialCoordinate CMET belongs to PHER.
    • GWB will follow up with Security model to determine if it can be opened and updated - no update
    • GWB will produce CMETinfo.txt that contains Common Product Model CMETs
    • AS will create Publishing Steps Wiki page
    • AS needs to add super process docs on wiki for new Publishing Process steps - new
    • GWB needs to add documentation on non-domain quick publishing step - new
  7. Around the Table
    • AH
      • further question on CMETS
      • Local CMETs pubDB - UVCT seems empty
      • DL merge into UVCT
      • GWB start from Normative Edition UVCT database
      • Question on whether the ID should be CT or local
      • There was a statement that we allowed the WG to determine if the domain for the CMET is CT or the local domain.
      • AK suggested that we strongly recommend retaining the existing identifier unless there is a significant reason for altering, AS supported the suggestion and asked if this was MnM question. GWB thought this could remain in V3 Pub.
    • GWB
      • Question: do you need a request to publish for Datatype R2?
      • AK yes, there is a form for NE, Informative, DSTU
  8. Adjourned 1:10 pm Eastern.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .