V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20100303

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 -- 4:00 PM Eastern

Present

Seppala (GS), Stechishin (AS), Sandy Stuart (SS), Savage (RS), Walden (AW)

Agenda

No changes from posted agenda

Call to order at 4:05

  • Chair and scribe: AS

Review Minutes of February 17, 2010 and February 24, 2010

SS/RS 4-0-0

Action Items

All complete

Normative Edition

Deadline for declaring if content should be included: Mar 8. After DL's note to co-chair some activity has occurred bringing the final content closer.

Multiple Versions of CMETs

There was consensus to defer final discussion until Woody can be present. GS thinks it impacts the NE but did not require an immediate resolution.

GS wondered if a technical correction to previous Normative Editions would be possible

DL commented that it is difficult to ensure a high level of quality with the minimal responses received verifying the Normative Edition contents.

Action: AS would ensure that discussion continues to move forward and would work to ensure the appropriate people were present for the next teleconference.

GS: One way to look at this issue is what takes precedence: what was printed in the Normative Edition? Or what the WG intended?

Remove Processable Content from Ballot Site

GS: Rene Spronk had stated that most implementors use ballot site

AS: Will reach out to wider membership and specific individuals for comment

DL: There is an effort to make the NE more accessible, yet carefully considering the need to protect IP

AW: There has been discussion on whether DAMs should be open or not. There is a need for non-members to review and access the DAMs.

There continued a general discussion on the use of ballot site.

Action: AS would research the topic further including exploring membership rules for schools, feedback from specific individuals, getting input from a wider audience, and educating the general membership on ballot site use.

Notes from Don Lloyd

NIB deadline just passed on the previous Monday, 38 submitted in total, with 2 being for JIC ballots (which will be held after the current ballot cycle). This is an average count for the ballot.

Upcoming dates:

  • Mar 8 - initial content
  • Mar 15 - CMETs

Around the Table

GS

GWB had loaded a new RIM repository, there was 1 missing RIM change from the last harmonization (in the Datatype Release 1 version). The updated version is published on GForge.

Working toward making changes to upload to SVN by Sunday night.

Had difficulty with artrefs. Has 1 artifact in DSTU with the generation in Normative and not having a release number for the artref the references are disappearing from the output. GS is doing the quick generate from PubDB not the complete Desktop generate. Will wait to see if the problem remains on the preview site. The rendering of artrefs has been problematic.

RS

Inquired if PHER had submitted all required content for the NE. Offered to help DL track down any missing items.

Adjourned at 4:45

AW/GS

Future Business

  1. Continue Discussion of Multiple CMETs
  2. Continue Discussion of Ballot Site use

Action Items

  1. AS would ensure that discussion continues to move forward and would work to ensure the appropriate people were present for the next teleconference.
  2. AS would research the topic further including exploring membership rules for schools, feedback from specific individuals, getting input from a wider audience, and educating the general membership on ballot site use.