V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20090826
- 1 Wednesday, August 26, 2009 -- 4:00 PM Eastern
- 2 Present
- 3 Agenda
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 -- 4:00 PM Eastern
Beeler, Duteau, Kreisler, Lloyd, Stechishin
Call to order at 4:03
Review Minutes of August 12, 2009
Motion: Leave the Mission and Charter as is Andy/Jean 3-0-0
The 3 Year Plan:
- Andy will research projects in Project Insite
- Andy will also flag possible skipped ballot trimester in the plan
- The skipped ballot trimester will need to be raised on the Monday TSC retreat
Publishing XML Project
- Objective: publish PubDB XML as if it were MIF
- As well publish stand-alone XML documents in the same fashion
The first phase of the project will produce a deliverable plan for the Atlanta WGM. Jean mentioned that some work ongoing at Mohawk College in Canada may be of interest.
Thursday Q1: Review issues and tasks from most recent ballot cycle Thursday Q2: Formalize SWOT and adopt the 3 Year Plan
Comments from Ballot of Annotated ECG
There was an issue raised where discrepancies between non-balloted material and the Normative Edition was a concern. The issue centered around using the ballot site for purposes other than ballotting (by a non-member).
- It was proposed to strip the ballot site to contain only what is received from each work group for the current ballot cycle.
- The ballot site is to be used for balloting only, referencing should be done against the Normative Edition (requires membership or purchase).
- There is some reference information that will need to be retained.
Action: Woody may present on Monday Night plan on what would be available on the ballot site and what will be removed. Currently identified: Vocabulary, ITS, RIM, and Global CMETs
- Local CMETs are only available when being balloted
Notes from Don Lloyd
Has produced an new transform - will take annotated Visio XML and apply to Visio that may or may not have annotations. There is also a utility transform to run any xslt.
- eg. Populate the Primary encounter RMIM and use this to populate all derived RMIMs
- Note: if you change the name of a square object it will not work as it cannot establish a relationship
Around tthe Table