V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20090812
- 1 Wednesday, August 12, 2009 -- 4:00 PM Eastern
- 2 Present
- 3 Agenda
- 5 Future Business
Wednesday, August 12, 2009 -- 4:00 PM Eastern
Beeler, Gilbert, Lloyd, McDaniel, Seppala, Stechishin, Savage
Call to order at 4:01
Review Minutes of August 5, 2009
Thanks to Dick Harding
Motion: The V3 Publishing Work Group resolved to thank Dick Harding for his efforts and contributions to the success of the work group in light of his recent decision to step down as a co-chair. Woody/Rob Motion carried: 5-0-0
Publishing Schedule for 2010
In preparing the publishing schedule for 2010 Don noticed a potential issue with a very short turnaround between the Fall 2010 WGM (ending October 8) and the Winter 2011 WGM (starting January 9). The reduced cycle does not allow work groups much time to prepare materials following the Fall 2010 WGM. Don asked the group if there were any thoughts. It was suggested that perhaps this may be a good occasion to skip a cycle and use the time to do a clean-up of the publishing process and move the tooling to MIF2. There would still be CDA ballots as well as stand-alone documents and reconciliation ballots. A question was raised if it was necessary for the facilitators to determine the feasibility with their respective work groups but it was determined to be too soon.
Notes from Don Lloyd
On late Friday the decision was made to hold the Nonday ballot opening until Tuesday. There were got some late submissions received. There was also one withdrawal from the ballot pool.
- The ballot opened on Tuesday morning
- Other ballots scheduled to open on Monday were fine
- Since opening, there have been 3 minor issues, none required a patch
- None of the call attendees have noticed any issues
Around the Table
SWOT and 3 Year Plan
The Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats document and the 3 Year Plan should be reviewed each year before the plenary.
Andy would locate and send out to list for review on the next call.
Adjourned at 4:30
- Draft ballot calendar for 2010
- Ballot count down schedule for 2010
- The deadline for new projects and CBC report forms is the Sunday following the Atlanta WGM (September 27)
- Next meeting: August 19 cancelled? Andy will check with Woody and post to the list. If August 19 cancelled, then August 26.