V2.x InM Identifier Reservations
This page is used by InM co-chairs to manage requests for InM-assigned identifiers for Version 2.x (e.g., a new trigger event, message structure code). Its purpose is to prevent collisions; i.e., the same identifier assigned two different meanings for two independent requests.
- Committees *SHALL* use this process to request identifiers to be used in InM-managed chapter content: queries, responses, and master file notification.
- Committees *MAY* use this process to manage identifiers in chapters that they manage.
- Requestor reviews request with owning committee if other than InM (e.g., a request for a new Qxx query code to query for Patient Admin information must be vetted in the Patient Administration committee). If that committee approves, then...
- Requestor asks an InM co-chair for a new identifier assignment. Requestor includes brief description of the identified concept, including a single sentence summary suitable for the appropriate table.
- Request is discussed on teleconference or WGM. If approved, an assignment is made and the corresponding table on this wiki page updated accordingly. Requestor is provided the assigned identifier value.
- Request is included in next version of the standard going to committee ballot.
- Upon membership ballot passage, the reservation is removed from this wiki page.
Table 0003 - Trigger Event
|Q32||<Waiting for description from requestor>||Jack Harrington|
Table 0076 - Message Type
Table 0354 - Message Structure