Template and Value Set OID Assignment
Dec 18, 2008 SDWG Teleconference Minutes:
- new codeSystem OID - has to be obtained by a Vocab co-chair.
- no current bulk load process. (Cecil will send Bob a spreadsheet template; Bob will work with Doug and others to gather SDWG template and value set OIDs; Cecil will bulk load)
- where we find pending OIDs, potential duplicates, or OIDs that appear to be off the wrong branch, avoid use and raise with Vocab (e.g. search for "HCPCS" - which to use?).
- no current capability to "protect" a branch (in the value set and template branches) - would need to be raised with Vocab.
- Identifier OIDs - type 4. - External value sets - type 13. - Templates - type 10.
- SDWG value sets should branch off of 2.16.840.1.113883.11.20. (2.16.840.1.1138184.108.40.206, which was used for several IGs including CCD, is now deprecated).
- SDWG template should branch off of 2.16.840.1.113883.10.20.
- MOTION: SDWG will, retrospectively and going forward, store all value set and template OIDs in the HL7 OID registry.
o For both SDWG value sets and templates, Ted recommends investigating the OID registry auto-generation functionality.
OID types 1 - OID for an HL7 Internal Object HL7 registered internal objects (other than published documents and organizational bodies)
2 - OID for an HL7 Body or Group HL7 organizational bodies and groups
3 - Root to be a Registration Authority External groups that have been issued an HL7 OID root for their own use
4 - OID for a Registered Namespace Registered externally maintained identifier systems and namespaces
5 - OID for an HL7 Internal Code System HL7 Internal Code Systems
6 - OID for an External Code System Registered external coding systems (with an HL7 issued OID)
7 - OID for an HL7 Document HL7 published documents (standards, tutorial slides, implementation guides, databases, published RIM graphic billboards, etc)
8- OID for an HL7 Documentation Artifact HL7 OID registered documentation products and artifacts
9 - OID for an HL7 Conformance Profile HL7 Registered conformance profiles
0 HL7 Root HL7 Root OID
12 - OID for an Version 2.x Table HL7 Version 2.x tables as code systems
10 - OID for an HL7 Template HL7 Registered Templates
11 - OID for an HL7 Internal Value Set HL7 defined and registered Value Sets
19 - OID for a published HL7 Example HL7 Examples Root used for published examples; meaningless identifier, not to be used for any actual entities
13 - OID for an External Value Set Externally authored and curated Value Sets, HL7 registered