Talk:Wiki acceptable use policy
Draft content for an AUP
Based on Examples from
HL7 Wiki Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) applies to all HL7-branded Wiki sites and is intended to aid any and all HL7 Wiki users (registered or not) in understanding how the contents found in the HL7 wikis may be used. All users of the HL7 Wiki must comply with this AUP, the purpose of which is to encourage the reuse of HL7 materials while also helping to protect HL7 Intellectual Property (IP), as well as to protect HL7 members and participants of the HL7 community from illegal or irresponsible activities.
The HL7 Wikis are covered under the HL7 Terms and Conditions of Use at the hl7.org website:http://www.hl7.org/legal/tc.cfm. This AUP should be read in conjunction with the HL7 Terms and Conditions. At this time, while HL7 Wiki material is available to the public, it may contain Intellectual Property that belongs exclusively to HL7. Intellectual property is protected as outlined in the HL7 bylaws and its Governance and Operations Manual (GOM), and it is not considered open content,
- Note that this is certainly not true - not all content is in support of the creation of standards. If that is an assumption for this AUP it is a flawed one. Rene spronk 06:53, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
.. as it represents work-in-progress towards standards material that will be copyrighted once it has gained consensus in the HL7 community.
- Note that the T&C don't allow for any "creative commons licensed material" - it only talks about public domain and HL7-copyrighted material. IMHO this should be taken care of. Rene spronk 07:40, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
Who this policy applies to
The HL7 Wiki is a free and open resource designed primarily for collaboration between members of HL7 for the purpose of managing development activities. HL7 is built on the collaboration of its participants, community members, registered members, and users. In that spirit, HL7 allows access to its site and the materials therein for personal and non-commercial uses as set forth in this policy. HL7 is committed to creating the best and most widely used standards in healthcare by expanding access to development of high quality standards that can be easily incorporated into integration efforts.
- By using the HL7 Wiki, you agree to the terms of HL7's AUP and promise to use any content found on the HL7 Wiki site, whether in whole or in part, for non-commercial, and educational purposes only as described in this policy. You also agree to comply with prevailing United States laws regarding copyright and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
- Personal Information: Do not distribute or post the private or personal user information of another member of the forum without their express permission. This includes names, addresses, phone numbers, and other relevant information.
- You may not collect email addresses, screen names, or other identifiers or personal information without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password thieving, spidering, and harvesting). You may not collect or use information without the consent of the owner of the information.
- Inappropriate content:
- Do not post material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. Vandalism constitutes a serious offense.
- Do not publish content, including comments, that are unrelated to the page topic. When posting second-hand information, indicate it as such.
- Do not upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available.
- Offensive content:
- Do not publish content that engages in personal attacks, or is excessively violent, incites others to violence, threatens to do violence to another person(s), or contains content which is disreputable or contains harassing, or hateful language. Also, do not publish any content not suitable for a child to read. Any comments which are knowingly false, or made with with reckless disregard for the truth, could be used against you in a court of law. You can never really know how the recipient of your remarks will react. Your remarks are your own, and in no way reflect the consensus of the HL7 Wiki community. Conversely, operate on the assumption that you yourself are not under attack.
- Avoid revisiting issues already raised, discussed, and decided upon. Reopen the discussion only if you have significant new information that would reasonably prompt reconsideration of the original decision.
Users should never edit comments from other users, with the exception of adding links to improve the interconnectedness of the site. Users should also never delete comments from other users unless the comment is irrelevant to the page it is on or is in violation of wiki etiquette. If you do delete another user's comment, be prepared to explain yourself should that user disagree with your deletion.
- Do not impersonate any person or entity, forge or manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting.
All members of the community may take action to report users and posts that violate this AUP. Violations can be reported to Administrators through the Contact Us page of the HL7 web site. Violations of the AUP may result in removal from the Wikis and other HL7 resources.
In the case of minor violations, we encourage a quiet request on the offending user's page prior to invoking administrative procedures.
- 1st offense: Written warning to offending poster's email address
- 2nd offense: Written warning posted to offending poster's page and the suspension and/or termination of access to HL7 Wikis
- 3rd offense: The suspension and/or termination of access to all HL7 resources and features, including the option to notify to the violator's home institution of the abuse of HL7's services or features and/or other actions deemed appropriate by HL7.
Users may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of the Wiki, use of the Wiki or access to the Wiki.
The HL7 Wiki is a community forum, open to all parties interested in the development of HL7 standards. It cannot accept responsibility for the opinions of its members, or for their errors or omissions, or for any consequences arising from the use of information contained herein. This Site may contain third party-owned content (e.g., articles, data feeds, abstracts, logos, etc.) and may also include hypertext links to third party-owned web sites. We provide such third party content and links as a courtesy to our users and we do not endorse, sponsor, recommend, or otherwise accept any responsibility for such third party web sites or content or for the availability of such web sites. Dated: llaakso 20:08, 22 April 2010 (UTC)