ProcedureRequest FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 ProcedureRequest
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
Procedure Request is a record of a request for a procedure to be performed. It can be used to represent a procedure that is planned, that is proposed, or that is ordered.
The procedure request may represent an order that is entered by a practitioner in a CPOE system as well as a proposal made by a clinical decision support (CDS) system based on a patient's clinical record and context of care. Planned procedures may also be represented by this resource.
- Subject: Human and non-human living and non-living (e.g., a human patient, a veterinary patient, ground water testing)
- Disciplines: Cross discipline
- Delivery environment: Clinical Decision Support
- Locale: International Realm
Lloyd to provide
- Represents a request for a procedure and captures the following modalities: Recommended, Planned, Proposed, Ordered
- ProcedureRequests can be tracked with distinct, reliable, unique ids
- Procedure requests are common outputs to Clinical Decision Support systems and are also often included in care plans.
- In order to achieve interoperability of exchange of clinical knowledge artifacts or clinical guidance, a common core definition of ProcedureRequest is required.
- Clinical Decision Support Systems
- Quality Improvement Platforms
A CDS system receives as input relevant information pertaining to the patient's medical record and context of care. Based on the input received by the CDS system recommends a particular procedure be performed.
- Procedure (that resulted from the request)
- Observation (pertinent to the decision to propose the procedure)
- Condition (pertinent to the decision to propose the procedure)
- Other relevant clinical statements pertinent to the decision to propose the procedure
- Performer of the procedure
- Subject (generally the patient)
Please refer to proposed resource: http://hl7-fhir.github.io/procedurerequest.html
May 2015 DSTU