OO CR100 - OID Fix
Return to OO Change Requests page.
|Submitted by: Bob Yencha||Revision date: <<Revision Date>>|
|Submitted date: 11 September 2012||Change request ID: OO CR100|
|Standard/IG: Implementation Guide||Artifact ID, Name: <<Artifact ID, Name>>|
The Race and Ethnic Group OIDs in LRI IG 4.6 refers to the CDC vocabulary (coding system CDCREC), not the HL7 Table OID. In the CDC list, Race is a hierarchal list which contains the same values as HL70005, but also contains many additional codes, and also contains Ethnic Group values in the same list. MU1 and MU2 refer to OMB "standard" which does not contain any codes but matches HL7 tables for concept domains (descriptions).
I could not find HL7 OID looking for the V2 table numbers (e.g. HL70005) but did find items below (need confirmation these are correct):
To view the entire CDC code set, use the following link: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/Race_Ethnicity_CodeSet.pdf
Request change to yellow highlight OIDs below to reference HL7 Table #s
From LRI 4.6 Vocabulary Constraints
set identified in the Value Set column of the data type and segment attribute tables found above.
TABLE 4-2. VALUE SET/CODE SYSTEM SUMMARY
Name Source ID/ Reference Source Unique Identifier Comments
Race Category HL70005 HL7 Version 2.5.1 2.16.840.1.113883.6.238
Ethnic Group HL70189 HL7 Version 2.5.1 2.16.840.1.113883.6.238
The spreadsheet is located File:OO CR100.xls
Recommended Action Items
- 18-Sep-2012 - We need further input from Freida to determine what the OIDs should be changed to as it is not clear what the proposal is and/or whether further research is still required.
The following need to be changed:
- Pg. 93 – change to 2.16.840.1.113883.12.5 Race
- Pg. 94 – change to 2.16.840.1.113883.12.189 Ethic Group
- Motion by Freida Hall and seconded by Cindy Johns, a proposal from vocab.
- Against: 0 Abstain: 1 In Favor: 7